Talk

Advanced search

How to choose the right Colour Me Beautiful Stylist

(9 Posts)
tired2013 Thu 03-Jan-13 15:44:47

Hi - first time posting on here...

Received a colour consultation voucher for Christmas, and have been looking at the London directory. Does anyone know of any independent reviews of the stylists? It's hard to make a judgement based on the profile pic, and I don't want to choose the wrong one!

Any ideas? TIA

tired2013 Wed 09-Jan-13 12:09:45

anyone?

sarimillie Fri 11-Jan-13 22:31:29

No recommendations, but did you find one?

Fozzleyplum Sat 12-Jan-13 00:13:54

My friend has had her colours done several times - she's really into colour analysis - and the various consultants have not all come up with the same conclusions.

In her opinion, the best CMB consultant is in Cheltenham - Sue someone , I think.

mirpuppet Sat 12-Jan-13 00:39:02

Why would someone have their colours done several times?

Bit off putting that different consultants came to different conculsions.

Fozzleyplum Sat 12-Jan-13 11:11:40

Mir, my friend is very interested in style/beauty (and has no children and a very high disposable income!). Apparently colour analysis has been refined a lot since it was first developed, hence the different conclusions.

I've not been persuaded to have mine done. I would if I felt I'd really lost my way - or if I wore a lot of black because I was afraid of wearing colour. As it is, I suspect I'd be told what I already know, as my colouring is quite distinctive. I have, however, read a couple of said friend's books, and as a result will now wear a couple of colours I'd not have considered before.

DonaAna Sat 12-Jan-13 19:23:07

In any system that categorizes people, you will have people who fall between classes, "in the gray area". There are quite a few different color analysis systems, and each other draws the line slightly differently. So if you reclassify with different rules each time, you will get slightly different results. Some color analysis systems even start with the basic assumption that you have to redo the analysis if you dramatically change your hair color.

A typical difficult to classify person is someone with cool-toned skin and warm-toned eyes (or vice versa). Or someone who is very muted and neutral. Basically anyone who isn't a textbook case.

I think that the main benefit of the analysis is that you get a coherent palette, and if you stick to it, you'll wardrobe will become much more useful and manageable as most items will work together and you will get almost unlimited combinations.

tired2013 Sat 19-Jan-13 09:47:11

Thanks all, I think I have found one. Just had to go on the pictures on the contacts page, so a hunch really. Hope it works out!

clucky80 Sat 19-Jan-13 10:50:06

Hi Tired, I am currently training to be a cmb consultant! Getting your colours done is a lovely present and I am sure you will find it helpful. I actually got mine done just before Xmas as it was a present to my mum from my sister and I as we thought that it would be a nice thing for us to do together. I was a bit dubious before we went but thought it would be interesting and I really loved it and am leaving my boring dull job to become a consultant - hoping I am doing the right thing!
Fozzley - I think that it was probably Sue Trevaskis who was your friends consultant. She is absolutely fantastic and such a lovely person too - she has done part of my training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now