Talk

Advanced search

What type of necklace if you have a long neck?

(4 Posts)
lovepigeon Thu 03-Jan-13 15:24:43

Hi does anyone have any ideas of what type of necklace (chunky, pendant, choker etc) works best if you have a long neck? DH wants to get me a necklace as a gift but everything I try on seems to emphasis length and make me look like a llama.
Thanks in advance.

ooer Thu 03-Jan-13 19:41:31

I would have thought you could get away with anything. envy

Assuming you are not stealth-boasting, how about a short pendant or a simplish chain, around 18 or 20 inches on a fine chain?

Or I would have thought a ginormous choker (thinking the big flowery type where the flower obscures half your neck?).

Nice problem to have!

IslaValargeone Thu 03-Jan-13 19:44:53

I'd have probably gone for a choker, I love them, or as ooer suggested, a short chained pendant.

lovepigeon Thu 03-Jan-13 22:17:34

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I will go for a pendant but might start trying on chokers to see what they look like. Not stealth boasting - I was teased about it at school so am just a but self consious. DH got annoyed with me as I see various necklaces on display and they look so pretty but as soon as I try them on I go off them as they just look wrong somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now