Talk

Advanced search

First date wear

(6 Posts)
niceupthedance Thu 03-Jan-13 08:11:48

I'm going on my first date since my 20s this weekend and have no idea how to dress for it. It's during the afternoon in a pub.

Do I wear heels or keep it casual? I have a new shift dress that is flattering but might not be fashionable enough - plus I haven't worn a dress since before DC.

What do you recommend please?

frillyflower Thu 03-Jan-13 09:10:44

Casual as it's afternoon in a pub. Plus whatever you feel good in.

I would probably wear jeans or casual trousers and a nice top or jumper (depending on temperature) and small fitted jacket (to show off my figure!). Oh and great boots.

You know - like I haven't made a big deal of dressing up for you (I always look this gorgeous).

BunnyLebowski Thu 03-Jan-13 09:14:27

I think a shift dress might look a wee bit too formal?

Wear something that is most 'you' and that you feel beautiful (but still comfortable) in. Nice accessories and a bit of effort with your hair and make-up (if you want to, obviously not essential).

I would wear a cute tea dress with opaques and patent t-bars.

SaraBellumHertz Thu 03-Jan-13 09:19:36

Agree shift is a bit formal for afternoon in pub - how old are you?

I would probably wear skinnies with great ankle boots, a tight vest under a slightly sparkly jumper that I love, a fitted jacket and lovely scarf. Casual and relaxed but noteworthy in a subtle way.

Whatever you wear have a great time smile

niceupthedance Thu 03-Jan-13 09:59:08

Thanks everyone.

I think it is the shoe question that is vexing me most. I have got some black wedge things with a ribbon tie front from new look which I think would go ok with skinnies, if I keep the rest simple and maybe wear some jewellery on my top half.

I think I would be less bothered about what to wear if it was an evening date. Just don't want to over do it in case he turns up in trainers.

niceupthedance Thu 03-Jan-13 09:59:35

Oh, I'm 39 btw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now