Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I've actually only gone and won something

(10 Posts)
applecrumbleandcream Tue 01-Jan-13 23:32:21

Just before Christmas I entered a raffle at work for the Mayor's chosen charity and I've been told that I've won a prize which is a bottle of Elie Saab perfume. I've never heard of this perfume before but I've googled it and sounds nice, anyone got it, what's it like?

CornyClam Tue 01-Jan-13 23:57:07

Ooh well done! Hope you like it.

Pancakeflipper Wed 02-Jan-13 00:01:40

Seen it in Boots and nearly got my sister some for Christmas. Seemed decent enough - lucky you. Hope you really like it.

applecrumbleandcream Wed 02-Jan-13 00:05:59

Thanks, it was a nice surprise and really pleased as never win anything usually. Will have to wait till I go back in next Monday before I pick it up or might try to get to a Boots or Debenhams to try it out. There's always ebay if I don't I suppose grin

scripsi Wed 02-Jan-13 03:17:38

Really happy for you! I haven't got it but this review look good makeupmorsels.wordpress.com/2012/07/11/elie-saab-le-parfum-review-a-peek-into-my-distinguished-scent-testing-process/

applecrumbleandcream Wed 02-Jan-13 03:55:21

Thanks for the review scripsi, sounds good. I just hope I like honeyed florals (whatever they are). Really looking forward to getting it now after such a fab review.

peasandlove Wed 02-Jan-13 04:01:29

lucky you, that will be the next perfume I purchase, it's gorgeous

eastendfareast Wed 02-Jan-13 04:38:58

I have and wear it everyday - love it! Lucky you

applecrumbleandcream Thu 03-Jan-13 23:05:55

Been to Boots today and had a spray, really lovely perfume and it's just the kind I would choose myself. So pleased and looking forward to getting it next week.

Pancakeflipper Thu 03-Jan-13 23:10:13

Whooooo hoooooo lucky you.

Glad it's a prize you will use.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: