Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Would you return it?

(11 Posts)
ellangirl Sat 29-Dec-12 21:37:00

Bought a top from monsoon, have only washed it once (according to instructions of course) and it's shrunk. Looks stupid now and is unwearable IMO. Should I take it back?

LaTrucha Sat 29-Dec-12 21:39:16

Yes.

Mumelie Sat 29-Dec-12 21:39:16

Yes I would. Do you still have the receipt?

MrsAlexanderSkarsgard Sat 29-Dec-12 21:46:52

Yes, no hesitation.

ellangirl Sat 29-Dec-12 21:55:12

Yes I do have receipt. Won't they just dispute that I washed it according to instructions? Never returned anything for this reason before.

finlaysmum12 Sat 29-Dec-12 22:04:56

please return it.
I had a shirt from slfridges last year,washed it once-looked like a dish cloth!!
They refunded it because I had the receipt.

sparklychocolatepenny Sat 29-Dec-12 22:32:47

Yes, return it. This year I have returned a jumper to Republic that shrank in the wash, and a pair of ds's pjs to M&S because the seam unravelled in the wash - he hadn't even worn them!

bishboschone Sat 29-Dec-12 23:30:07

If you are sure you washed it according to the instructions , take it back . They are supposed to test items and label them correctly . Often the skip this and wing it as its cheaper to get a few returns . Stick to your guns and say its their responsibility to put the correct instructions on clothing . They may want to send it off to be tested but I doubt it as its expensive .

SantasENormaSnob Sun 30-Dec-12 15:09:43

Definitely take it back.

Meggles76 Sun 30-Dec-12 15:42:30

I always keep receipts and always return things if I am not happy. Never had a problem with the major high street stores.

Mrsrudolphduvall Sun 30-Dec-12 15:49:32

I have had real problems with Monsoon tops.
I bought a couple which weren't cheap, and both shrank.
I had the receipts, and they were very good about refunding.
I wash everything on 30 degrees, and don't think I'll be tempted by Monsoon again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: