Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Zatchels saddle bags

(10 Posts)
mrsmoscow Thu 27-Dec-12 18:28:00

Has anyone got one of these? I am looking at the large in pewter metallic leather and wondered if the leather is very stiff? As I want to be able to stuff it full!
Are they nice in RL?

hugoagogo Thu 27-Dec-12 21:18:08

I have a zatchel satchel.

Much as I love it, the leather is very stiff and I cannot stuff as much in it as I hoped. Also the straps on the buckle have worn badly.

On the whole not worth all that money.

Soo pretty though confused

Glossynotflossy Thu 27-Dec-12 21:34:54

Saw some in the House of Fraser sale today OP. They were the neon version

DonaAna Thu 27-Dec-12 21:40:18

I have a Zatchel satchel too. Perhaps I've worn it less, but I'm still quite happy about it. The leather is thick, tough and stiff, and rain does nothing to it, the dye won't bleed and the surface has not scratched. It is not soft grainy flexible leather. The satchel is quite slim, it won't hold much more than my iPad, phone, wallet, keys and a small notebook. But that keeps the bag light and manageable.

The saddle shape may be more difficult - some items may fit, others won't because of the curved shape.

You might also consider a preloved bag. Last year when I started seeing a lot of saddle bags on the streets, all of them were vintage (natural leather tones, not metallic). Lots on eBay, very inexpensive.

mrsmoscow Thu 27-Dec-12 22:34:47

Very helpful- Thanks all.

Maybe it isn't going to be big enough. The perfect bag search continues!

KittieCat Fri 28-Dec-12 08:50:34

How about this? They come in a few different colours... Nothing like the range of Zatchels colours though!

m.fossil.co.uk/mt/www.fossil.co.uk/en_GB/shop/women/categories/handbag_collections/vintage_revival/vintage_revival_satchel-zb5410p.html?parent_category_rn=331133&departmentCategoryId=331097&beginIndex=0&pageSize=1000&pn=c&cm_vc=339085&imagePath=ZB5410603

KittieCat Fri 28-Dec-12 08:50:58

Mmmm handbag shopping...

mrsmoscow Fri 28-Dec-12 17:26:46

Thanks but I need a longer strap to wear across my body!

KittieCat Fri 28-Dec-12 21:14:26

I have a fabulous Fossil 'vintage reissue' cross body one. I bought it a few years ago, was so close to a Mulberry but just loved this one more.

Might be worth a hunt...

Good luck!

ToastedTeacakes Fri 28-Dec-12 23:13:40

Thanks for introducing me to Zatchels, they look lovely! I've been searching for a minimalist looking saddlebag forever.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: