Talk

Advanced search

My top lip

(17 Posts)
FurryDogMother Thu 27-Dec-12 16:50:28

Until recently I've been removing hair from it (the top lip) with Veet sensitive - which has been fine, but somehow I managed to burn myself with the stuff last time, and now I'm looking for alternative air removal options. Any thoughts? As someone with fine, pale body/facial hair (I'm a redhead) I've never gone in for shaving/waxing or any of that stuff, haven't needed to - so I find myself very ignorant about other ways of getting rid of the 'tache. Suggestions? something long lasting and painless would be ideal!

AnnoyedAtWork Thu 27-Dec-12 17:06:08

I get mine threaded along with my eyebrows (£5 total!) every 2-4 weeks (depending how vain I am feeling) but IMO threading is the best as removes all hairs and from the root but less painful to your skin than waxing and redness goes away much quicker

dexter73 Thu 27-Dec-12 17:52:10

I get my lip waxed. Much less painful than the dreaded threading and no redness at all.

TeaBrick Thu 27-Dec-12 18:29:45

Ha! Looks like you might need to try both to see what suits you! Fwiw, I have had my eyebrows threaded and didn't find it especially painful, not tried my lip yet but am thinking about it...

Ephiny Thu 27-Dec-12 18:37:07

Threading, or get an Epicare.

FurryDogMother Thu 27-Dec-12 18:41:58

Thanks for suggestions - erm, talking about pain - am not entirely sure how threading works? And waxing just kind of rips it all out in one go? That sounds scary! I am a wimp.

IAmSheWhoMustBeObeyed Thu 27-Dec-12 18:44:09

I thread my own. It's painful for a second or two. The bits around my nose bring tears to my eyes though.

QuickQuickSleigh Thu 27-Dec-12 18:46:36

Interesting! What happens with the regrowth? Do you get stubble? Does the hair come back darker?

AnnoyedAtWork Thu 27-Dec-12 19:11:51

With threading the hair is removed from the root like waxing so re growth is fine and light

QuickQuickSleigh Thu 27-Dec-12 21:57:33

Thanks Madame smile I may just book a wax before the holidays are out.

perplexedpirate Thu 27-Dec-12 23:16:22

I do my own with Parissa facial wax. I do my brows too. Dead easy and quick once you've got the knack.

marriednotdead Thu 27-Dec-12 23:30:54

I wax mine using Boots sensitive facial strips. Not as painful as I expected and lasts much longer than Veet.

I regularly get my eyebrows threaded but once was enough for my top lip <winces at memory>

libertychick Thu 27-Dec-12 23:39:09

This is fantastic - cheap as chips and v easy to use - same effect as threading. I use it while watching TV!

Fozzleyplum Thu 27-Dec-12 23:39:32

I pluck mine using flat-bladed tweezers, which make it possible to grab even the very short hairs. I've got an illuminated magnifying mirror, which makes the hairs very easy to see. It doesn't take long once you've had a bit of practice; it would take me much longer to go to a professional appointment.

Fozzleyplum Thu 27-Dec-12 23:41:18

I've also tried the Epistick. It does work, but I've found that the hairs have to be a bit longer in order to be caught, and by that time, I've already plucked them.

libertychick Thu 27-Dec-12 23:51:01

Actually yes, I agree with fozzleyplum I tend to use the epistick first and then mop up the short stragglers with my tweezers.

Boozeandadietjinglebell Fri 28-Dec-12 13:10:32

I get mine threaded. It hurts like hell. Seriously considering laser treatment...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now