Talk

Advanced search

Hair dye recommendations

(4 Posts)
OhLittleTownofWesternWind Wed 26-Dec-12 22:07:59

Can anyone help me? I have mid blonde (okay, mousy) hair and want a home hair dye to add a subtle red tint. The effect I'm after us a natural looking strawberry blonde/ reddish blonde rather than a bold red colour.

I've been caught out with a bad Colour before that ended up nothing like on the box, so would really appreciate some recommendations. Permanent or semi-permanent would both be fine.

HaveAGoodDay Thu 27-Dec-12 10:54:25

Tricky really as any home hair colours with 'red' in the title almost always guarantee vivid red results!! If you want something quite subtle, try Superdrugs colour effects shampoo wash in/wash out colours. They come lots of shades I've used the chestnut & mahogany ones & they are quite fab,leave a reddish hue to my medium brown hair and makes my hair really shiny. When you no longer want the colour in your hair you simply wash it out, only takes one or two shampoo's. obviously the more times you wash your hair with the colour, the more stronger the colour will build up. And only £1.29!!!

HaveAGoodDay Thu 27-Dec-12 11:01:38

Just to add though as I re-red your post, obviously they won't lighten your hair so if you want to go lighter, you will need to opt for a semi or permanent hair colour. I like clairol nice & easy as lots of shades in their range. I know clairol have a 'light reddish blonde' in their perfect 10 range - BUT as it says reddish in the title I'm thinking it my be too red??

OhLittleTownofWesternWind Thu 27-Dec-12 19:56:29

Have tried Perfect 10 medium reddish blonde and it's lovely! Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now