Talk

Advanced search

Best good quality long, long sleeved layering tops please

(24 Posts)
sugarandspiced Wed 26-Dec-12 19:24:16

Can anyone please recommend some long line, long sleeved tops to me. I'm after basic neutral colours- grey, navy, etc. I would like them to be stretchy cotton or maybe viscose. I don't mind paying for good quality that will lasts.

uptheamp Wed 26-Dec-12 19:25:51

uniqlo

bootsycollins Wed 26-Dec-12 19:27:22

H&M

Mrsrudolphduvall Wed 26-Dec-12 19:28:29

Esprit.

sugarandspiced Wed 26-Dec-12 20:05:49

Many thanks for suggestions so far.
I have a few Uniqlo Heat tech tops and a couple of their bretons. They are v good quality for the price but not all that long in the body.
Do H&M and Espirit have long line ones? I haven't bough from Espirit for years? Are the good quality? Sorry to keep going with the questions- would need to order online and prefer to get it right first time if possible.

mewkins Wed 26-Dec-12 20:11:43

Second nomination for esprit! some very longline ones both long and sleeveless and great for layering. Quality is good - got several summer ones that are nice and soft.. plus delivery is free from website.

uptheamp Wed 26-Dec-12 20:18:11

i love esprit, their sizes come up small though

Mrsrudolphduvall Wed 26-Dec-12 20:36:53

Yes quality very good.
And they are longline...I am very tall.

libertychick Wed 26-Dec-12 20:38:18

I got a couple of these in Gap a few days ago - long in the body and really soft and warm. Haven't washed them yet but Gap t-shirts usually wash ok. They are slightly thicker than usual though so not great if you like thin layers.

Pinkflipflop Wed 26-Dec-12 20:40:38

these are meant to be good

I usually buy my layering tops from jigsaw but someone on here recommended these, so may be worth a go!

I've given up on Gap, as I think their t-shirt quality is dreadful nowadays. I'm really struggling to find any - M&S used to do good ones in their Limited range but don't seem to anymore. H&M quality no good. Hobbs have excellent quality t-shirts but are often three quarter sleeved and not long enough. Will look in Espirit.

I don't think the Heatgen ones are v long though - good for wearing under dresses but not with jeans.

TheWombat Wed 26-Dec-12 20:47:39

I am long in the body and find it hard to get good quality long sleeved tees, so watching with interest.
In the past I have found Isabella Oliver (now called baukjen?) good: they do an extra long version which is expensive but so useful for layering.

I have found GAP pretty useless in the past - wash poorly and poor quality material. Might be just my experience though.

Recently I bought a couple of lovely long sleeved tops in White Stuff - not a place I normally shop. You have to look carefully, most of the long sleeved tees there are awful, but some are a finer material with some wool added. They drape beautifully, are long enough, and really warm. Worth a try, I think. smile

uptheamp Wed 26-Dec-12 20:53:16

i also love american apparel, they come up long and wash well, lots to choose from

Dottiespots Thu 27-Dec-12 03:32:52

Jackpot does them in loads of colours each season and they last for years and years and years and wash up perfectly always keeping their shape.

vintageviolets Thu 27-Dec-12 04:33:44

These look good -
www.longtallsally.com/tall/tops/long-sleeve/long-sleeve-satin-trim-scoop-neck/black?colourSelected=07X51BLA

I looked in Laura Ashley yesterday as I need some, they had some for £11 supposedly reduced from £28 each. They were absolutely shocking quality, just in case you were tempted to get any online. I wouldn't have paid a pound for the lot!

vintageviolets Thu 27-Dec-12 04:34:38

Bugger that link is crap - sorry.

MerryChristMoose Thu 27-Dec-12 04:35:56

The EterniTee Sasha Crew Neck from Lounge Lovers. Very pricey but beautiful to wear, nice longline and washes well.

See it here

It comes in white, black and navy.

vintageviolets Thu 27-Dec-12 04:38:00

These look good £35 Jaeger.

www.jaeger.co.uk/Curve%20Seam%20Jersey%20Top/680028D-00100-L,en_GB,pd.html?start=11&cgid=women-tops

sugarandspiced Thu 27-Dec-12 18:35:02

Thank you all. Have ordered a couple from Espirit to try.

Lounge Lovers looks lovely too.

BRANdishingMistletoe Thu 27-Dec-12 18:59:05

I buy American Apparel for layering, but I'm always too hot so don't use long sleeved.

Cybbo Thu 27-Dec-12 19:08:34

Uniqlo heat tech

Djembe Thu 27-Dec-12 19:46:27

What's the sizing like for the Uniqlo ones? Think I'll order a couple of these

Cybbo Thu 27-Dec-12 19:49:04

I'm a 12/14 top and bought large

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now