Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Warm Cotton trousers for 2 year old dd

(15 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Thu 20-Dec-12 20:21:38

Im really struggling to find some nice wam cotton trousers for dd. They have to be cotton or cotton lined as her excema is terrible and irritated by tights or man made fibre. I know they exist as I have some that were given to me from my niece so a few seasons ago, but I can't find any anywhere. We have some cords but non lined and they are not quite warm enough by thrmself. Anyone have any ideas?

dexter73 Thu 20-Dec-12 20:40:01

Could she wear tights under her trousers to keep her warm?

fairylightsandtinsel Thu 20-Dec-12 22:31:55

DD has some - I think they were from either Sainsbury's or Matalan, sort of combat style but with a lining, really good actually and not expensive. I'll check the label in the morning and come back and tell you!

Shattereddreams Thu 20-Dec-12 22:41:10

Try marks and they def have them in boys colours which not so good but better than nothing.
Boots own mini mode or whatever its called these days often do these, DD has had a few pairs over the years.
Good old eBay?
Leggings better than tights, higher cotton content.

ceeveebee Thu 20-Dec-12 22:41:30

Verbaudet.co.uk have lots of lined trousers. They're lined with jersey - is that suitable? Their cords are nice, some have contrasting print turnups

wewereherefirst Fri 21-Dec-12 00:10:02

Frugi may have what you're after and I think their sale started today too

Clumsasaurus Fri 21-Dec-12 04:40:21

Try Next, they definitely have then for boys..

DeathMetalMum Fri 21-Dec-12 06:29:58

Thank you lotd of places to look.Ttried next and m+s online and one pair of paleish pink trousers, will go and look in the boys section though smile .
Tights are a no-no at the moment irritate her too much. Which is a shame as I have a problem with trousers fitting her have to have that adjustable waistband at the back.

Gingersnap88 Fri 21-Dec-12 07:56:06

Mini Boden (sale at the moment) and H&m, Frugi and George at Asda!

Shattereddreams Fri 21-Dec-12 19:28:36

Death I have a skinny fussy DD who won't wear trousers most of the time, she lives in dresses with leggings under. It's much easier to find cotton dresses and leggings, start in H&M
Just wait till you try finding cotton school uniform! Not fun!

SunnyUpNorth Fri 21-Dec-12 19:52:15

The jersey lined mini Boden cords are really nice and cosy. They are also very soft which might be good on your daughters skin. My very tall two year old is still wearing her 12-18 month pair as they had a generous turn up so although more expensive than high street, the cost per wear has been very low.

They are also on eBay quite often and they do wash very well so buying second hand would be fine.

HappyAsASandboy Fri 21-Dec-12 19:58:21

M & Co, Sainsburys and Tescos have all had these in recently. Also got two lovely pairs of dungarees from John Lewis recently for £15, which given the quality seems like a bargain now (but hurt at the time as I needed two pairs).

I think all the ones I am thinking of are jersey lined though - does it have to be 100% cotton?

SilverSixpence Fri 21-Dec-12 20:08:47

I second frugi, had some lovely ones for DS at that age from them and they wash very well.

Mrsap Fri 21-Dec-12 22:00:51

Def sainsburys but you may have to get boy's ones. I put my DD in them all the time and she looks fine.

neolara Fri 21-Dec-12 22:04:03

Boden

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: