Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

very curly hair brush types please

(11 Posts)
morethanpotatoprints Thu 20-Dec-12 12:04:03

Hello, my hair is very curly and I can't wash it every day.

I need to be able to put it in place after styling i.e next day and can't find a brush / comb that doesn't make it go frizzy.

I have just had it cut in a graduated bob and its lovely when just done.
What can I do the next day to make it presentable. I could also do without having to put more product on.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

BloooCowWonders Thu 20-Dec-12 12:52:06

I would have thought that a wide-tooth comb is the way to go.

(Disclaimer- I have straight hair but my dd is v curly and no brush on earth can make it look good. Comb yes, brush never!)

FBworry Thu 20-Dec-12 12:54:08

Invest in a Mason Pearson hairbrush, they are fabulous.

nancy75 Thu 20-Dec-12 12:56:29

Step away from the hairbrush!

Get one of those spray bottles they use for plants and just spay it with a bit of water in the morning. I have very curly hair, if i brush or comb it when it's dry i look like i have had an electrical accident. I dont really use product on mine either, just a little bit of moroccan oil when it is very wet

minicc Thu 20-Dec-12 12:56:35

My mum has the biggest hair I have ever seen- she washes it every 3 days or so and uses a wide Afro comb rather than a brush.

minicc Thu 20-Dec-12 12:57:17

Oh and she uses be curly by aveda as frizz ease made her head ichy x

howdoyouknowjenny Thu 20-Dec-12 13:03:32

Do not use a brush. Wide tooth comb only

dexter73 Thu 20-Dec-12 13:33:26

I don't use a comb or a brush ever. I just run my fingers through it when I condition it. If I don't want to wash it the next day I just run a bit of water through my fingers and comb them through my hair.

Lottapianos Thu 20-Dec-12 14:05:42

Brushes and combs are evil for curls. Detangle in shower with loads of conditioner and avoid touching when wet.

Snusmumriken Thu 20-Dec-12 14:22:37

Get a Denman 3, they are amazing. Brush hair when it is very wet with loads of conditioner.

If you need more tips, google ' curly hair Denman brush' for advice.

HTH

morethanpotatoprints Thu 20-Dec-12 15:32:43

Wow.

Thank you all for the advice. My hair was very long but had a drastic change and all of a sudden I have the need for it to look a bit smart.
I didn't used to brush it, just detangle comb after shower then diffuse or leave to dry naturally.
It does look nice now but had slept on it and it was so flat, lol. grin.
Will definitely look at the Denman advice as once or twice in the past had a good style after drying with a brush.
Will also check out be curly, frizz ease makes mine sticky.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: