Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Longer length dressy jumper

(10 Posts)
lurkingfromhome Thu 20-Dec-12 08:53:44

I'm fond of the skinny jean look but really have to wear longer tops over them. Looking for a jumper I can wear on slightly dressier occasions that will cover my lumpy bits. All jumpers seem to be either long and chunky, short and chunky or short and fine-knit. Where are these elusive long and fine-knits, please?

UterusUterusGhaLaLaLaLaLi Thu 20-Dec-12 12:43:20

Bumping. I want one too.

My mum loves one she got from Primark, but v acrylicy I think.

lurkingfromhome Thu 20-Dec-12 14:50:15

Hmmm, yep acrylicy not so good. Needs to be longer length, dressy and warm. The hunt continues...

Curtsey Thu 20-Dec-12 15:19:04

I want one tooooooo...Seems like Primark are the only ones to do longer length and fine-knit, but they're just not nice enough for formalish occasions.

EuroShagmore Thu 20-Dec-12 15:32:44

Can you post a link to the sort of thing you mean (from Primark or wherever) so we can look for a non acrylicy version for you?

I saw some from a distance in Oasis today but I didn't go up close and suspect they would have all been acrylic. Warehouse? Probably viscose or acrylic there too though.

teta Thu 20-Dec-12 15:47:35

I have just bought a long fine knit cashmere tunic from Wrap-in the sale in shell[pale pink].Its flattering on me [size 14 with a tummy] and a pretty colour.However i'm not sure whether it's very dressy?.

lurkingfromhome Thu 20-Dec-12 22:34:30

Sounds promising teta. Off to look at Wrap sale now...

ScaredySquirrel Thu 20-Dec-12 22:43:31

Have you looked in Cos?. Lots of longer knitwear in there. Not sure it's very dressy - but not scruffy either, I am quite tall and the wool dresses in there are quite short on me (and I am breastfeeding at the moment) so I wear them over skinny jeans.

Dancealot Fri 21-Dec-12 10:33:59

Mint velvet have a lovely jumper called silver grey chiffon sleeve knit- sorry I can't link from my phone. I think its the chiffon sleeves that makes it that bit more dressy than a normal jumper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now