Talk

Advanced search

I bought a crime against fashion dress

(39 Posts)
ditavonteesed Wed 19-Dec-12 14:20:13

a bodycon (does that mean skin tight) dress. I am a size 16, this may not be good, but it has batman logos on it and I couldnt resist, any tips on making it more acceptable and not looking like a sausage?
I havent tried it on yet and looking at it I am not even sure I am getting any of me into it.

Annianni Wed 19-Dec-12 14:24:30

Link?

Annianni Wed 19-Dec-12 14:24:55

Please smile

smile It sounds fab but not sure re skin tight on size 16. Maybe wear it with a silk mix longer length cardigan open over it? Or a blazer? Black opaques, shoe boots and attitude to complete the look!

Wear with leggings? It depends on your shape tbh if you're fairly smooth all over and hourglassy then wear it as a dress. If you're lumpy and wobbly like me then wear with leggings and a light biker style jacket maybe?

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:27:25

lol get it on and find out!!

ditavonteesed Wed 19-Dec-12 14:28:40

the black one I am quite smooth and hourglassy, have huge boobs I'm thinking leggins and a cardi may be the way to go. still havent tried it on yet.

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:29:13

i just googled it, you are one brave woman, but i like you!

CajaDeLaMemoria Wed 19-Dec-12 14:30:54

Is it Lazy Oaf?

I can't think of anywhere else that does Batman clothing at the moment.

If it is, then their bodycon dresses really are bodycon. They are very tight! If you haven't already bought it, I'd advise going up a size, just in case. I've got a few size 8's that are more comfortable than the 6's, because you can move a bit easier!

I'd agree with a cardigan or something (they are quite thin so can be cold). You might also want to try wearing a slip underneath. I wear a black vest underneath to stop my bodycons going see through around the boobs. The fabric doesn't stretch too well!

Jessie from Little Mix was in the Daily Mail wearing one a few weeks ago. The article isn't nice (usual size-bashing trash) but you could look at the pictures for inspiration?

Enjoy it smile

LOVE it! Please go and try it on. Opaques not leggings - I think leggings can make women look bigger than they actually are. M&S do brilliant sucker-inner opaques in 100 denier for 6 of your English pounds.

bishboschone Wed 19-Dec-12 14:31:45

I like these but fear I'm too old . I'm size 8 hourglass and think they would suit me . I wear similar tops with skinny jeans minus the batman stuff . I think if you are smooth you will look fab.. Curves are in! wink

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:34:12

thought it could be this one

batman logo

Vajazzler Wed 19-Dec-12 14:34:20

I like it! But did anyone notice the 'sale' price is more that the 'nonsale' price? grin

ditavonteesed Wed 19-Dec-12 14:35:13

right I tried it on, it is tight (and a bit see through) also it really only qualifies as a top, doesnt even cover my fanjo, which means I can wear it with my miracle suit corset thing and jeans. looked good. I also bough another one which is dark red with candy type skulls on and that one looks ace. Bish I dont imagine your to old, I am quickly heading at forty and fat as well so you have one over me grin when I ordered it dh said I could just wear it at home if I didnt want to wear ot out.

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:35:24

remus, these sucker in opaques you speak of, do they garrot around the stomach too. I hate feeling constricted round me tum.

Annianni Wed 19-Dec-12 14:36:13

That dress is bonkers grin

Wear it with opaque tights and you'll be fine.

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:36:13

if it's that one, yes it did look more like a top to me. cool!

ditavonteesed Wed 19-Dec-12 14:36:13

pirate thaats the one that started my search.

No garrotting with the tights. I'm a 12 and buy size small - the medium were too big.

Annianni Wed 19-Dec-12 14:38:40

Maybe not if it's fanjo length.

Keep it anyway, it's great.

aPirateInaPearTree Wed 19-Dec-12 14:41:16

i am 14 so medium then. will look out for them thanks. just need some clothes now grin

FlimFlamMerrilyOnHigh Wed 19-Dec-12 14:45:58

Holy Smoke!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 19-Dec-12 14:58:18

Don't forget to wear your pants over the top........or was that just Superman? grin

ditavonteesed Wed 19-Dec-12 15:22:00

Kapow, I am actually really proud of myself for buying somthing that is me even if I may look a tit in it, I have dressed like a middle aged fat mum for too long. now to be a middle aged fat mum in totally inapproprita clothes grin quite empowering.

myalias Wed 19-Dec-12 15:22:53

www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/little-mixs-jesy-nelson-copies-1284014 .........bang on trend dita wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now