Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Make up counters and advice from them.

(5 Posts)

Is it still possible to go into boots and have someone match your skin tone to foundation? Will they take into account a minimal budget or force sell me something at £50 a bottle?

I havent a clue what makeup I should be wearing. I should know this at 25 blush

icovetthee Wed 19-Dec-12 00:26:54

No7 have a handheld device that will shade match you. They'll try it on and make sure you're happy with it and there's no obligation to buy from their range. The most a foundation from them costs is around £25 but I got a fab one for under £15 with medium buildable coverage. Despite being very pale I wasn't even the lightest shade match!

Otherwise MAC are very good for matches and their foundations are under £30 if you're after light/medium coverage.

Thanks, I am the same as you by the sounds of it. I am quite pale, but the pale shades completely wash me out.

I dont want my makeup to look caked on, but my face is a bit blotchy so I need some decent coverage. Probably a medium coverage then would you say?

What questions might they ask? (so I dont look completely clueless.)

icovetthee Wed 19-Dec-12 00:50:32

A medium coverage is best then you can conceal or build it as required. Most pale shades seem to wash me out too and I rely on a good blush and bronzer to contour and give my face colour and definition.

They'll ask how often you wear make up usually, if you have a preferred type (liquid, gel, mousse, powder etc) and your skin type (normal, dry, oily, combination). They should also ask what coverage you'd like and whether you prefer a natural glow or matte finish.

Thank you smile feel a bit more clued up now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now