Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Any hairdressers or hair experts about??

(10 Posts)
VIX1980 Tue 18-Dec-12 08:39:32

Im desperate for help, a while ago i visited a salon close to me for a cut and colour, while sat in front of the mirror i saw an advertisement for a product that helps dye your hair longer and cover greys for a longer period of time.

Sounds ridiculous but they added it to the hair colour and i didnt see and greys for at least 5-6 weeks (normally 2-3 weeks tops). As you can imagine i was in love with it and wanted more next time i came to get my hair dyed. Only problem is salon has now closed down and ive no idea what the product was, Im leaning towards loreal but i could be wrong.

Any hairdressers know what im on about? or have i dreamt the whole thing?

Hetaera Tue 18-Dec-12 10:01:56

I am certainly not a hairdresser, but I was wondering if the product advertised might have been INOA?

VIX1980 Tue 18-Dec-12 11:10:28

OOOh its looking good, ive just googled inoa and the website came up, so i had a quick check to see my local salon and find a new place to go, and the one i used to go to has come up with a new location so looks like they just moved.

Im going to book in and see if its as good as i remember, thank you!!!!!!!!

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Tue 18-Dec-12 11:14:59

make sure you ask them what the product is and report back so we know.

Fellow person with 'stress highlights'

CooEeeEldridge Tue 18-Dec-12 11:15:18

Come back and let us know please vix, I've got done v stubborn greys!

VIX1980 Tue 18-Dec-12 14:10:19

I will do, booked in for friday morning so keep a look out and ill let you know what its called

JaxTellerIsMyFriend Fri 21-Dec-12 17:22:30

how did it go vix

babySophieRose Fri 21-Dec-12 18:36:30

I had Inoa, did not last long, very slow puting it on also, as it have to be massaged on hair. Probably is colour booster, L'Oréal Majirel does them, it is just very strong colour added to your normal colour as a booster.

PowderMum Sat 22-Dec-12 15:37:23

Sorry ladies but where are your grey hairs showing through?

I have had permanent hair colour every six weeks for a fair few years and the only place grey shows through is at the roots where it has grown since the last colour.

So I only need to have the roots done regularly. With occasional all over tints to brighten up my style. Think red!

mirpuppet Sat 22-Dec-12 15:49:10

I am also confused. When I dye my hair only the roots -- show as they are growing out. Nothing a product can do about that except slow hair growth.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: