Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

London Spa Recommendations Please!

(12 Posts)
snowtunesgirl Mon 17-Dec-12 14:17:29

I like to treat myself on my birthday each year which is the beginning of January.

So far I've been to:

The Sanctuary - seen better days and the last time I went, the therapist practically scrubbed my skin off even though I had asked her to go gently.

K Spa - very nice if a bit small

East River Spa - great view, lovely staff.

So Spa Sofitel St James - Very French and great attention to detail. Great high tea.

But I'm looking for any new recommendations. I currently have my eye on Spa Verta. Anyone been there or can recommend anywhere else good? Budget is about £100. Thanks!

WaxyBean Mon 17-Dec-12 16:33:17

Loved having a maternity package at the Notting Hill Cowshed (http://www.cowshedonline.com/spa_cowshed_clarendon_cross.html) but no sort of communal facilities (steam, pool etc) if that's what you're after. Lovely little place, v friendly staff, good food and fab treatments.

Charliefox Mon 17-Dec-12 19:37:36

The spa at the mandarin oriental. Otherwise, you could have a read through here www.cntraveller.com/awards/the-readers-spa-awards/readers-spa-awards-2012/the-spa-four-seasons-london. The tough bit is getting the right therapist, I find. You can go to a really flash place and get a mediocre therapist, which is always a let down. A brilliant therapist is a rare gem and the few that I've unearthed over the years have almost made me weep with pleasure!

shopafrolic Mon 17-Dec-12 20:35:51

The spa at the Sanderson used to be very good.
m.sandersonlondon.com/mobile.aspx?pg=morgans_spas
And their cocktail bar is fabulous too!

TheBeanAndTheBee Mon 17-Dec-12 21:10:15

The spa at the Corinthia hotel without a shadow of a doubt. It is truly amazing. My DH bought me a day there and it was the best present EVER! Everything about it is spot on. They even have sleep pods - utter heaven! Cannot recommend highly enough. I thought the spa at the mandarin oriental was pretty good but this is on a different level!

TheBeanAndTheBee Mon 17-Dec-12 21:13:45

I wasn't crazy about the Sanderson by the way, mainly because treatment rooms are separated by these wafty curtains rather than in proper rooms so you can easily get distracted by other peoples chat. (this was a few years ago now so may have changed)

polyhymnia Mon 17-Dec-12 22:03:53

Mandarin Oriental is good but I reckon the corinthia is the place to go at the moment.

snowtunesgirl Tue 18-Dec-12 09:35:30

Corinthia looks great but unless I suddenly come into loads of money, it's a bit out of my league!

EuroShagmore Tue 18-Dec-12 14:26:20

I was about to say the Corinthia. I had a tour of the hotel when it opened as part of a professional event and I was wowed by the spa.

I usually go to The Santuary each year with a friend but my massage there this year was very disappointing.

No other suggestions - sorry!

TheBeanAndTheBee Tue 18-Dec-12 15:10:13

It is worth looking out for deals at the corinthia, my day cost 200 quid and included 3 treatments and champagne lunch. Might still be too much but is soooo worth it!

snowtunesgirl Tue 18-Dec-12 15:28:56

Yes Euro, I agree that The Sanctuary is definitely going down the pan!

polyhymnia Tue 18-Dec-12 16:33:40

The branch of the Sanctuary in Richmond is certainly poor - last time I went there, it was all so amateurish I vowed never to go again. The fact they sell cheap products in Boots doesn't make it very special to start with, but, more importantly, the therapists were far from impressive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now