Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can any bag experts help me?

(7 Posts)
LimelightsontheChristmastree Sun 16-Dec-12 08:20:21

DH is going to buy me a new bag for Christmas. I'm currently using a Ted Baker slouchy tab bag which is now officially dropping to bits!

He's got up to about £150 to spend.

I can't work out what I want though. I've been debating a satchel but (a) everyone has them at the moment, and (b) I'm a bit worried that I won't be able to fit much into a 14" bag - I'm pretty sure I don't want a bigger one than that.

I really like saddle bags like this one:

www.patricianashdesigns.com/shop/barcellona-saddle-bag

...but am again a bit worried about size.

Has anyone got any really good recommendations? I feel like I've been looking for ages and can't quite find what I want.

Thank you! grin

LimelightsontheChristmastree Sun 16-Dec-12 08:20:55

I don't know what a tab bag is! Typo.

madammecholet Sun 16-Dec-12 08:33:18

OMG Op, LOVE that bag (swoooooon).

I have a Radley Hobo. Lovely soft leather, lots of room for stuff and lasts for yonks. Mine can be pulled in when theres less in it.
I'm not a fan of satchels, I had one at school that was stiff and ugly. They look schoolie.

pictish Sun 16-Dec-12 08:44:04

I lile the way satchels look, but I doubt I would shell out for one. They are stiff and unweiding, and would be bulky to wear. As I have three children I always use an across the body bag so my hands are free (I would anyway because I cba with a bag that keeps needing hoiked up onto my shoulder) but I think a satchel would be bulky and obstrusive.

They are lovely to look at, like I say.

Meggles76 Sun 16-Dec-12 11:18:02

OP those bags are gorgeous.
I have the dark brown leather trinity satchel from White Stuff and have used it lots. Great for slinging across the body. Mine has a battered look to it and the leather has softened with use. I am less keen on the very stiff leather type, say the Cambridge leather satchel styles.

LimelightsontheChristmastree Mon 17-Dec-12 10:29:23

Thanks everyone. Off to Coventry garden to have a proper look...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now