Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Unexplained bruises?

(5 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Sat 15-Dec-12 22:25:54

I'm very pastey, even more so since having two babies, I'm 23years old, and I have bruises keep appearing. I breastfed my first and am feeding now, could this add to why? My diet? Iron count low?

hmmhmm

cathyandclaire Sat 15-Dec-12 22:35:20

How do you feel in general? Do your gums bleed? Why not pop to your doctor and get a blood count just to make sure everything's ok....I always get 'mystery' bruises cos I'm clumsy and walk into tables etc and I was much worse when the kids were babies- but if the bruises are just appearing on thir own could also be a sign of clotting probs or low platelets in the blood. It's really easy to test smile

suntodayplease Sat 15-Dec-12 22:52:54

Since having DD (nearly 2!) I think I bruise a lot more easily. Not sure if this us because I'm clambering around on the floor a lot more than before or if it has something to do with iron/health. I've found that once I get a bruise, they seem to take longer to heal, and I'm more likely to get them in the same place over and over again. I've tried taking arnica tablets and creams, not sure it made much difference I have to say. If your concerned no harm in seeking medical opinion?

Littleraysofsunshine Sun 16-Dec-12 08:45:25

Thanks.

I'll book a GP appointment.

Littleraysofsunshine Sun 16-Dec-12 08:46:06

My gums do bleed. And even more so when pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now