Talk

Advanced search

Where would you go to buy a really fancy, totally luxurious bathrobe - for a man?

(14 Posts)

DH has said he quite fancies a new bathrobe/dressing gown. Not something too warm, not something towelling, but something really soft and a bit fancy.

This isn't really like DH, who only usually shows interest in stuff with plugs on.

Please help!

He likes stripes...

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Dec-12 21:27:39

Paul smith do lovely ones.

Avoid the white company ones like the fucking plague I've got loads upstairs that have shrunk up to nothing or are covered in pulls.

Acky123 Wed 12-Dec-12 21:46:29

Just binned a White Company one today, it shrank to 10-year-old size sad

DP has a lovely grey Champneys one that he's had a few years. It was from Sainsbury's, they were doing 1/3 off so it was £30 but not sure if they still do them.

I'm trying to wrestle it off him to replace it as I bleached his hair and now it's got a pink collar smile

Bimblepops Wed 12-Dec-12 21:53:11

Bought this for DH a couple of years ago...he loves it.

www.paulsmith.co.uk/uk-en/shop/mens-multi-stripe-toweling-dressing-gown-caebe.html

aVentingAngel Wed 12-Dec-12 22:31:20

Try Bonsoir? www.bonsoirdirect.com/shop/mens-dressing-gowns Quite a few stripy ones.

QueenBOObread Wed 12-Dec-12 22:34:16

Some swanky ones here: Amara

There's 10% cashback at Quidco.

faustina Wed 12-Dec-12 22:53:46

what's your budget? You could look at www.mrporter.com for inspiration

Budget is probably £60 - £100.

That Paul Smith one is lovely. DH might chip in himself for the perfect one...

Thanks for the White Co warnings, I had been looking at theirs.

Some v good suggestions here, much appreciated.

TaggieCrimbleBlack Wed 12-Dec-12 23:10:54

Where did Rannaldini get his from? The purple and pink striped one?

Hang on.

PeachTown Wed 12-Dec-12 23:11:07

John Lewis?

TaggieCrimbleBlack Wed 12-Dec-12 23:12:16

Bugger. Since i colour coded my books i can't find anything.

It was very luxurious.

Somebody and something.

Chubfuddler Wed 12-Dec-12 23:15:35

There's a place in Burlingham arcade in Piccadilly that does Richard de vere style ones.

TaggieCrimbleBlack - I've had to google Rannaldini. I thought maybe it was someone who plays for Chelsea, which surprised me. I wondered how you knew what his dressing gown would be like, and why anyone else would know.

Happily, I've been on MN long enough to understand about colour coded books without needing any further explanation! grin

Richard De Vere - as in To The Manor Born - Chubfuddler? Nice reference!

DH, apparently, has always liked Frasier's dressing gowns. Frasier from ''Frasier" on the telly. Funny, you can live with someone for all these years and not know that when you sit down to watch the witty slapstick of a well-loved US comedy, what he's really thinking is 'nice robe, Frasier'.

TaggieCrimbleBlack Thu 13-Dec-12 11:14:30

Actually it was Alpheus's dressing gown that Rannaldini had knicked from Wardrobe.

I think it was a Turbull and Asser.

need to get out more

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now