Talk

Advanced search

GHD or Cloud Nine?

(6 Posts)
Cherylkerl Mon 10-Dec-12 19:56:46

Love my straighteners, my 2002 GHDs are on their way out - Christmas is a good time to replace them. I have a feeling the current generation GHD won't serve me as well as this set though. While researching my purchase, and actually thinking back to last week's visit to the hairdressers, I keep seeing Cloud Nine which I hear are from the manufacturers of the original GHD.

Stick with GHD or defect?

starfleet Mon 10-Dec-12 21:53:31

DSis' GHD's gave up the ghost after 12 years and she has just bought the Cloud Nine straighteners - she said she can't really tell much difference between the two although her hair is a little smoother with the Cloud Nine ones!

Cherrypie32 Mon 10-Dec-12 22:24:00

Defect from GHD. I bought new pair after my 10year old pair stopped working. They were rubbish. I sold them on eBay and my Dad fixed the old ones. Several friends have agreed GHD not as they used to be sadly.

CrispsCrispsCrisps Mon 10-Dec-12 22:42:48

I used GHD's for years but found my last pair were losing heat and would make my hair greasy after a day or so. I bought some cloud nines and they're just great! Would definitely recommend them!! Mine are 3 years old and still more powerful and give a better finish than my sister's year old GHD's.

Drywhiteplease Mon 10-Dec-12 23:18:46

I heard that they are somehow linked....did someone from GHD set up cloud nine?

Cherylkerl Thu 13-Dec-12 09:35:19

Thanks for replies, looks like I'm going over to cloudnine then!

Has been a year for defecting - blackberry to iPhone, now the hair straighteners and foundation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now