Talk

Advanced search

Mua - what would you recommend?

(11 Posts)
pinkyp Mon 10-Dec-12 18:38:30

I usually buy my make up from the stands in boots or Avon but I have used mua nail polish and thought I'd try there make up. Would anyone recommend or not recommend anything? Thank u

iamabadger Mon 10-Dec-12 18:40:07

I bought one of their eyeshadow trios and have been very impressed with that. Goes on nicely and lasts, with a good finish.

ElizaDoMore Mon 10-Dec-12 21:27:38

You can get 40% off and 5 free nail polishes with the code MUA40. Min £10 spend smile

emsyj Mon 10-Dec-12 21:28:47

Don't bother with the lipstick - it's rubbish. The gloss in a tube is ok, the blushers and eye shadows are fine too.

GalaxyDisaStar Mon 10-Dec-12 21:37:04

I like their eyeshadow palettes. And the clear mascara as brow gel. Blushers ok. The mascara was a disaster on me though. Haven't tried anything else.

greyvix Mon 10-Dec-12 21:41:20

I didn't like the mascara either. It made my sensitive eyes sting.

Acky123 Mon 10-Dec-12 21:43:57

I think the lipstick is fab, what didn't you like about it emsyj?

I've bought my mum and nan one for Christmas, and a nail polish too just to see if they like them.

The eye palettes are lovely, I've got the Undressed one. Eye primer is fab as are the eye pencils, though they are very soft.

Only thing I'm not impressed with is the felt eyeliner, it's not black enough - rubbish.

emsyj Mon 10-Dec-12 21:55:39

I found it was a really odd texture - sort of greasy, but thin IYSWIM - hardly any pigment in it, as though it should be a sheer lipbalmy sort of effect but that didn't really work as there was no moisturising effect from it, it just slid off and it was impossible to get an even coverage with it. It's about a year since I bought them though (bought about 5 in one go, tempted by the price!) so maybe they have improved of late?

kaumana Mon 10-Dec-12 22:09:39

I like the eye shadow palettes and the blushers. I find the lipsticks great for the price, good pigment but can be slightly drying but I find that with a lot of lipsticks.

emsyj Mon 10-Dec-12 22:17:51

The Sleek eye palettes are nice too - and only about £6 (I think from memory - bought 2 about 3 months ago, think they were £6 each...)

pinkyp Tue 11-Dec-12 12:47:03

Great thank u! So looks like eyeshadow is a definate yes!! Going to try the blusher too thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now