Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

which dress for the wedding tmw?

(7 Posts)
Honesttodog Fri 07-Dec-12 18:09:18

I have something v similar to this or I have the green dress at the top with swirly lines to wear with opaque black tights and black booties.

Love the green dress but scared of being cold and haven't got anything except a dull ms black cardi to put over it. I have a slightly elderly gold lame cardigan that might work (wish I had somehting to replace it!)

Accessories for the green dress will be gold earriings and a gold cuff bracelet.

the brown dress will be much warmer obv but would need a bit of last minute strategy on the accessories and shoes.

Honesttodog Fri 07-Dec-12 18:37:18

pls help! bump

Dancealot Fri 07-Dec-12 19:49:36

I prefere the green dress and accesories sound great. I think gold cardi would go if its not too tatty, otherwise do you have a shawl or pashmina type wrap that would go, could look glam with long black gloves too.

youcancallmeEl Fri 07-Dec-12 19:59:25

Another vote for the green one. Looks smarter, especially if the reception is in the evening. Cardi for cover-up for the ceremony would be fine, presumably reception venue will be warm so you can take it off later.

fififolle Fri 07-Dec-12 20:08:47

Green one is more weddingy. Spanx will keep you a bit warmer. Could sneak a vest in if its is a chilly church. Have a great day

Yama Fri 07-Dec-12 20:11:08

Definitely green. I bet you won't be cold.

Honesttodog Fri 07-Dec-12 21:26:06

thanks, I modelled the dresses for my DM via skype and she voted green too.

so far am wearing spanx and a vest I think. Will pack both cardis.

cheers!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: