Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Easy question about (confusing) superdry sizing

(5 Posts)
timetosmile Fri 07-Dec-12 12:00:20

Those of you with (pre)teens know where I'm going with this, right?

I'd like to know what size superdry winter coat to buy for DS,12, who is a fairly slim, average height boy who would wear age 12 in M+S, asda etc. It would have to fit over a school blazer so not too 'snug' and it'd be good to have a bit of 'growing room' without swamping him.

it was so easy when they just wanted Thomas the tank engine pyjamas for Christmas, wasn't it...

thanks for your help x

naffedoff Fri 07-Dec-12 12:22:14

MY DS is also 12 and sounds the same build as your DS. We got him a Superdry black coat last year which he still fits into now.
It's a Ladies rather than a man's coat - most of the younger boys wear these as the men's coats are far too big for them.
Off the top of my head I can't remember whether it was a small or medium - I think the latter. He doesn't wear a blazer though - just a shirt and jumper. Hope that helps? I can check the size when I get home if you like.
Of course he's not wearing the coat today as it's not raining, despite being only 2 degrees. (But that's another gripe!)

Kinora Fri 07-Dec-12 12:31:24

My daughter is a size 10 normally and wears a large in Superdry gear.

The sizing in there is very small.

haggisaggis Fri 07-Dec-12 12:36:31

ds - age 12 - wears a ladies size small (but not over blazer). Would probbaly go for medium. Sizing is very small - I inherited a couple of XL things from DH as they went nowhere near him (and I'm not huge!)

timetosmile Fri 07-Dec-12 12:54:01

you're all being very helpful (and I'm glan its not just me who is puzzled by the sizing...) thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now