Talk

Advanced search

Are you ill?

(10 Posts)
browneyedpixie Thu 06-Dec-12 09:20:08

Was what I was asked on school run this morning minus a scrap of makeup!
It was a friend so I can see the funny side, but it proves I'm no natural beauty grin

vintageviolets Thu 06-Dec-12 09:23:06

I have often got to work at 8.am to start the day & been asked " ooh are you just going home, are you on nights?"

shock

Prolificmincepiebreeder Thu 06-Dec-12 09:30:20

I often get asked this when I don't wear make up!

Northumberlandlass Thu 06-Dec-12 09:38:34

If I don't wear make up (v rarely), someone always comments on how ill I look.

Always makes me chuckle when people comment that I don't wear much make up....I wear a lot of make up, but I wear it well grin

kiwigirl42 Thu 06-Dec-12 10:03:14

I always get asked this if I don't wear makeup. I look like death warmed up most days. think its because I have very pale skin and quite dark eye circles. Thank god for Lily Lolo!

Phaedra11 Thu 06-Dec-12 10:04:39

If I don't wear make-up, someone will invariably ask if I'm alright as I look ill or tired.

Possibly worse was the time when I wore a new foundation and one of the mums in the school playground took me to one side and said I should have a health check as I looked as if I may have jaundice. Looking in the mirror later, the shade did make me look a tad yellow sallow blush

browneyedpixie Thu 06-Dec-12 10:06:52

Haha that made me giggle!

I don't wear a great deal during day either but I won't be going without again in a hurry, it's a one in every few years occasion!

PretzelTime Thu 06-Dec-12 10:32:12

It's not because everyone on this thread is unusually ugly, but because others are used to see you and other women wear face paint. When make up is the standard just about everyone looks odd and ill without it.

carrie74 Thu 06-Dec-12 10:53:26

I get the opposite - of late I seem to run out of time in the mornings, and can't be bothered to make sure hair and make up are done (hair's short, so pretty simple). Saw some friends last night, had a small smattering of make-up and had blow-dried my hair in the morning (but still not brushed it since then) and was asked 3 times if I'd had my hair done that day. Should probably make more of an effort...blush

Rebecca54 Thu 06-Dec-12 11:28:45

Glad I am not the only one - I have received concerned enquiries from people when I have gone out without make up. I went to work once without finishing my make up - the phone went and distracted me - that gave rise to quite a few comments and general amusement!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now