Talk

Advanced search

I need a dress for a wedding in 4 weeks time - cant find anything I really like, can you help??

(5 Posts)
Arriettyborrower Wed 05-Dec-12 10:53:30

My best friend is getting married very soon, arranged v quickly! I've been looking everywhere for a dress but haven't found anything I love.

I'm 5' 3'' and a size 10, short body, longer legs (but not great legs) skater style is awful on me, more structured styles are better but it's needs to be comfy as will have kids to lug around all day too....

Wedding is civil ceremony, posh lunch then drinks in the bar so fairly relaxed but I want to look good.

Can anyone help??

Am off out in a bit til school pick up but will try to check in on mobile and will catch up when home.

Thanks in advance!

showmethetoys Wed 05-Dec-12 11:08:34

I am going to an xmas wedding in a few weeks time and saw this dress linked on a thread on S&B a while back and thought it was really nice so took the plunge and bought it.

It really is lovely! I got it in Navy. The material is quite thick so the dress it quite tight and structred, but it gives a beautiful shape. I also like the fact that it covers my arms without being frumpy.

I am 5ft 2 and a size 10-12.

Arghh, just seen that is reduced as well - I only bought it a couple of weeks ago!

HorraceTheChristmasOtter Wed 05-Dec-12 11:16:17

Red
Green and gorgeous
Purple
Red again

I love the green one! The style around the top is actually quite structured and nipped in, so should be flattering, it'sjust a flowey, drapey fabric. I'm off out soon, but if you say budget, colours and any particular styles, I'll have more of a look later smile.

HorraceTheChristmasOtter Wed 05-Dec-12 11:18:08

That's lovely Showme!

Arriettyborrower Wed 05-Dec-12 11:27:59

Thanks!

Showme I love your dress - def a contender.

Horace I like the green one, green is good colour on me - not so sure about the style I think I need to try it on, love the purple and red ones but belted often looks dodgy on me with my stumpy body.

Budget up to £150 ish style - def more fitted but comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now