Talk

Advanced search

Clinique chubby

(23 Posts)
spottymoo Tue 04-Dec-12 18:13:18

Liking the look of theses do I need one or is it just another lip balm with colour?

Iatemyskinnyperson Tue 04-Dec-12 18:14:17

It's sheer lippie more than lip balm with colour. I like mine well enough

Karbea Tue 04-Dec-12 18:17:03

Hello,

Yes I think so, I like mine.

spottymoo Tue 04-Dec-12 18:20:08

Their on sale in debenhams at the mo so thinking of going to great myself just didn't want another lip balm grin

Karbea Tue 04-Dec-12 18:21:13

No definitely more lipstick than lip balm, but moisturising.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 04-Dec-12 18:25:31

I like mine. I think it combines the benefit of a lip balm with bit of colour. Great for me as I always feel a little overdressed in lipstick and don't really like glosses.

moonshine Tue 04-Dec-12 18:30:17

They are nice on but I find that they last no more than 5 mins before they need applying hmm

happy2bhomely Tue 04-Dec-12 18:31:12

I found them really drying on my lips. Nothing like a lip balm ime, more like a stain. I really wanted to love them, but was disappointed.

Amblin Tue 04-Dec-12 18:43:10

very summer only imo

i was underwhelmed

EllieorOllie Tue 04-Dec-12 18:49:29

I find mine heavy, greasy and far too lipstick-y. So if you don't want a lip balm you'll probably like it!

Merlinswife Tue 04-Dec-12 18:49:51

This is the worst Clinique product I've ever had and I've bought from them for 25 years. I tried this instead of their lipgloss and am very disappointed.

They make my lips dry and chapped. At first i thought it was coincidence but now having not used it for 2 days and used lip salve instead, I an see the difference.

The texture is a bit like lipsalve but has no gloss and it wears off very quickly. Rip off IMO.

Maraki Tue 04-Dec-12 18:52:00

I actually really like mine and find it very moisturising. You do need to reaaply like mad and therefore dont last more than a couple of months.

fedupofnamechanging Tue 04-Dec-12 19:42:24

If this is the lipstick that looks like a crayon, I recommend that you try the Revlon version. It's only about £6 and is my favourite lipstick ever. My lips feel moisturised and the colour lasts for ages on me.

FabulousFreaks Tue 04-Dec-12 20:52:32

I stupidly bought two and feel like I have been had

PetFox Tue 04-Dec-12 21:49:45

I liked mine, really nice colour (super strawberry), moisturising, quicker to apply than lipstick but with much better colour pay off than a tinted balm. But a total rip off as I went through it so fast, so will not be repurchasing (probably).

2blessed2bstressed Tue 04-Dec-12 21:57:20

I have one (in almost every colour blush), so clearly, I really like them. I don't like lipgloss - too sticky, and I don't like lipstick - too thick, so I find them the perfect inbetweeny thing

justasecond Tue 04-Dec-12 23:52:53

Crap product. Waxy greasy texture, really drying and cheap looking (maybe thats just me). I really like other clinique lip products though, in particular the full potential lipgloss.

orangina Wed 05-Dec-12 00:03:48

They are lovely! The ordinary chubby is quite sheer, and the chubby intense has a bit more density of colour.

I have quite a few and I love them.......

EllenParsons Wed 05-Dec-12 00:20:56

I like them. I use the super strawberry one a lot and also have a more coral coloured one. Agree though that the Revlon copy is also pretty decent.

Meggles76 Wed 05-Dec-12 06:36:51

Another fan here. I had a watermelon one which was a nice shade for summer and I have a honey one for winter. I am not a fan of heavy lipstick so prefer these.

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Wed 05-Dec-12 08:13:56

Didn't like mine...used it twice and gave it to dd.

MincePiesAndBaileys Thu 06-Dec-12 07:46:41

Love the colours, love that I can apply it on the move, shame it lasts about 2 minutes then I have to scrape my lips as it just feels yuck. Might try the revlon ones someone mentioned up thread.

Fairylea Thu 06-Dec-12 09:30:41

Revlon do a very very similar product.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now