Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Clinique chubby

(23 Posts)
spottymoo Tue 04-Dec-12 18:13:18

Liking the look of theses do I need one or is it just another lip balm with colour?

Iatemyskinnyperson Tue 04-Dec-12 18:14:17

It's sheer lippie more than lip balm with colour. I like mine well enough

Karbea Tue 04-Dec-12 18:17:03

Hello,

Yes I think so, I like mine.

spottymoo Tue 04-Dec-12 18:20:08

Their on sale in debenhams at the mo so thinking of going to great myself just didn't want another lip balm grin

Karbea Tue 04-Dec-12 18:21:13

No definitely more lipstick than lip balm, but moisturising.

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Tue 04-Dec-12 18:25:31

I like mine. I think it combines the benefit of a lip balm with bit of colour. Great for me as I always feel a little overdressed in lipstick and don't really like glosses.

moonshine Tue 04-Dec-12 18:30:17

They are nice on but I find that they last no more than 5 mins before they need applying hmm

happy2bhomely Tue 04-Dec-12 18:31:12

I found them really drying on my lips. Nothing like a lip balm ime, more like a stain. I really wanted to love them, but was disappointed.

Amblin Tue 04-Dec-12 18:43:10

very summer only imo

i was underwhelmed

EllieorOllie Tue 04-Dec-12 18:49:29

I find mine heavy, greasy and far too lipstick-y. So if you don't want a lip balm you'll probably like it!

Merlinswife Tue 04-Dec-12 18:49:51

This is the worst Clinique product I've ever had and I've bought from them for 25 years. I tried this instead of their lipgloss and am very disappointed.

They make my lips dry and chapped. At first i thought it was coincidence but now having not used it for 2 days and used lip salve instead, I an see the difference.

The texture is a bit like lipsalve but has no gloss and it wears off very quickly. Rip off IMO.

Maraki Tue 04-Dec-12 18:52:00

I actually really like mine and find it very moisturising. You do need to reaaply like mad and therefore dont last more than a couple of months.

fedupofnamechanging Tue 04-Dec-12 19:42:24

If this is the lipstick that looks like a crayon, I recommend that you try the Revlon version. It's only about £6 and is my favourite lipstick ever. My lips feel moisturised and the colour lasts for ages on me.

FabulousFreaks Tue 04-Dec-12 20:52:32

I stupidly bought two and feel like I have been had

PetFox Tue 04-Dec-12 21:49:45

I liked mine, really nice colour (super strawberry), moisturising, quicker to apply than lipstick but with much better colour pay off than a tinted balm. But a total rip off as I went through it so fast, so will not be repurchasing (probably).

2blessed2bstressed Tue 04-Dec-12 21:57:20

I have one (in almost every colour blush), so clearly, I really like them. I don't like lipgloss - too sticky, and I don't like lipstick - too thick, so I find them the perfect inbetweeny thing

justasecond Tue 04-Dec-12 23:52:53

Crap product. Waxy greasy texture, really drying and cheap looking (maybe thats just me). I really like other clinique lip products though, in particular the full potential lipgloss.

orangina Wed 05-Dec-12 00:03:48

They are lovely! The ordinary chubby is quite sheer, and the chubby intense has a bit more density of colour.

I have quite a few and I love them.......

EllenParsons Wed 05-Dec-12 00:20:56

I like them. I use the super strawberry one a lot and also have a more coral coloured one. Agree though that the Revlon copy is also pretty decent.

Meggles76 Wed 05-Dec-12 06:36:51

Another fan here. I had a watermelon one which was a nice shade for summer and I have a honey one for winter. I am not a fan of heavy lipstick so prefer these.

Mrsrobertduvallsaysboo Wed 05-Dec-12 08:13:56

Didn't like mine...used it twice and gave it to dd.

MincePiesAndBaileys Thu 06-Dec-12 07:46:41

Love the colours, love that I can apply it on the move, shame it lasts about 2 minutes then I have to scrape my lips as it just feels yuck. Might try the revlon ones someone mentioned up thread.

Fairylea Thu 06-Dec-12 09:30:41

Revlon do a very very similar product.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: