Talk

Advanced search

Which snowboots should I buy?

(10 Posts)
hefner Mon 03-Dec-12 10:27:08

I want some boots to wear in snowy/icy weather. They need to have really good grip because I'm clumsy and I'm always terrified of falling over on the ice! I'd like them to be warm too. I've seen these but I'm not sure how good the grip will be. I also like Merrell yarra or maybe taiga. The Merrells are more expensive but maybe worth it if they'll last well?

Does anyone know how good any of these boots are on ice? Or do you have any other recommendations?

iloveeverton Mon 03-Dec-12 11:51:25

I have a timberland pair I bought out of season can't find a link but they are great.

noisytoys Mon 03-Dec-12 12:02:53

I have a timberland pair too. Best boots I've ever owned. They were from TK Maxx too so cheap grin

Caerlaverock Mon 03-Dec-12 12:05:31

I have merrell oslos which are toasty and I love but definitely not great on the ice

flowery Mon 03-Dec-12 12:11:52

Can I ask, what is better about snowboots as compared to wellies with thick socks?

noisytoys Mon 03-Dec-12 12:13:12

Wellies hurt my feet. I find they lack good support (I walk miles a day) and with thick socks they are too tight

Caerlaverock Mon 03-Dec-12 12:13:47

Snowboot are a billion times warmer and have support

flowery Mon 03-Dec-12 12:18:09

Like the sound of 'a billion times warmer' grin

Mmm. Pondering whether this is a justified shopping opportunity.. grin

hefner Mon 03-Dec-12 15:10:49

Thanks, I'll have a look at Timberland. I went in TK Maxx today but they didn't have anything good. Interesting to hear that Merrell Oslos aren't great on ice, I thought Merrell soles looked good but it's so hard to tell without testing them - need a shop with an ice rink to try them out!

BrianButterfield Mon 03-Dec-12 15:21:28

I covet some Merrells but in the absense of a lottery win I bought some Karrimor ones from Makro at the weekend. £30, plain black, and really warm and toasty (I wore them to work today even without any snow to test them, and was glad I had as the pavements were really icy and I felt much safer).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now