Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Need clothes - post C section and bfing

(20 Posts)
Fisharefriendsnotfood Sun 02-Dec-12 18:58:45

Ds is almost six weeks old. He is dc3 and I had a section. I am also bfing. I have at least a stone and a half to lose before any of my stuff fits but cannot bare to look as unkept as I do at the moment. On line shopping preferable, casual and a few smarter bits for Xmas needed, please help! 5"7 size 14 short brown hair and my legs are relatively unscathed grin

mamaonion Sun 02-Dec-12 19:21:59

I'm still bf and my lo is almost a year, I have to say compared to my summer babies bf in winter is COLD!!!! Also for mosesty's/ vanity's sake prefer to expose as little midriff as possible! So found I prefer wrap tops/dresses, little vests from gap that can be pulled down with loose and light jumpers over the top which I lift up. Had a couple of nursing tops from seraphine on line shop and this shawl thing which is really handy in cold as an impromptu coverup and general scarf. I did drape it like on website a bourbon early days but now just wear it as a normal scarf! Hadn't bobbled at all.
www.seraphine.com/nursing-shawl-grey-one-size.html

mamaonion Sun 02-Dec-12 19:23:17

Bourbon was a predictive anomaly! Meant to say a bit in early days!

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sun 02-Dec-12 20:17:39

Thanks smile

Some nice tops that I can pull down to bf while covering up with a muslin is what I'm after really, and some dresses the same

AyeOopMoose Sun 02-Dec-12 20:19:55

Jersey fabric is your friend. I got a few plain basics yoga trousers, tunics, leggings, dress in navy/black/brown. Then a couple of new pieces of statement jewellery (from a local dress agency) and invested in a lovely cashmere poncho that made me feel snug & cossetted and I still love today!

Think practical, comfy and washable. Try ebay too.

WeAreSix Sun 02-Dec-12 20:25:23

Have a look at Rooti Tooti website. They have a best top which helps to turn almost any top into a nursing top. I layer with tops that are wrap style or buttons so the only opening is at breast level. I can't live with tops I have to lift!

Sorry I can't link on iPod...

WeAreSix Sun 02-Dec-12 20:29:46

Breastfeeding Vest

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sun 02-Dec-12 20:41:31

That is bizarre grin

WeAreSix Sun 02-Dec-12 20:50:48

Yeah it is a bit but it really works! And not so noticeable if your bra is the same colour. And you only wear it under tops not on its own smile

mamaonion Sun 02-Dec-12 21:32:20

I spent a lot of time looking for bf stuff in high st shops and generally found fashion tops had high necklines, or weren't machine washable, dresses that had no front opening, or fabrics with no stretch... And then often the stuff that is practical isn't exactly über stylish! Maybe someone else will come along with some better ideas! I think generally thin layers are the way forward though.

HandMini Sun 02-Dec-12 21:40:54

Monsoon have some good stretchy jersey tops this season. Combine with nursing bra and vest (bizarro cut out boob sections optional!)

cityangel Sun 02-Dec-12 21:46:36

www.babeswithbabies.com/
www.everydaymaternity.com/breastfeeding-clothes-c-7.html
www.milkbug.co.uk/home.php
www.bellamama.co.uk/

H&M have very practical in store options

Fisharefriendsnotfood Sun 02-Dec-12 21:50:14

Thanks everyone will check out those links smile

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 03-Dec-12 07:44:32

I really don't want to spend £60 on a special bfing top, just want to find some high street tops that have an elastic top or wrap style that I can feed in

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 03-Dec-12 15:05:57

Hopeful bump smile

GalaxyDisaster Mon 03-Dec-12 15:09:10

You know about the two top up/down thing don't you?

Wear any normal top you fancy and lift that up. It can have a high neckline or whatever you like because it is coming up. You can just focus on something cheap that you like. Underneath you wear a cheap camisole with stretchy straps and this bit can come down to allow boob access whilst keeping your tummy covered.

SilverSixpence Mon 03-Dec-12 15:14:10

There's some bargain clothes in the Pretty Pregnant outlet section - just bought the Dallas dress for £15 normally £110!

BuntysFestiveCollocks Mon 03-Dec-12 17:41:52

Anything that's a wrap or crossover style. I had a quick google last night and there are some lovely ones in debenhams just now which I'll be investing in when baby arrives (hopefully around Boxing Day sale time!)

Gingersnap88 Mon 03-Dec-12 18:22:31

I wear lots of tops / dresses which have buttons or wrap fronts. I have a few shirt dresses, shirts with jeggings, tops with buttons at chest (lots of these in Fat Face, White Stuff and M&S).
Emma Jane nursing vests are great as they give you a bit of support too, I wear them under tops/ jumpers that I lift up or with nice cardigans.

I also got quite a few nice bits on eBay once I knew what I was looking for.

Amoralia have some pretty nursing tops and undies if you wanted something specific.

Congratulations smile

Fisharefriendsnotfood Mon 03-Dec-12 18:40:21

Thanks for all the tips, I'm going to hit the Trafford centre on Wednesday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now