Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

ultra warm snowsuit for baby boy who will ONLY sleep on very long pram walks !

(14 Posts)
Fairylea Sun 02-Dec-12 17:23:23

Any ideas welcome!

Wanting a very very warm snowsuit for ds who is 5 months but in size 9-12 months clothing.

Willing to spend about £40.. fifty at a push. Less is a bonus!

I would really like something with a bit of an interesting pattern to it... joules ish but I don't like the joules boy one... !

Bit bored of stars ... everything seems to have stars!

Any links or recommendations gracefully received !

Thanks.

Sirzy Sun 02-Dec-12 17:25:04

Next have some with dinosaurs (or something like that) on

Fairylea Sun 02-Dec-12 17:26:33

Thanks ... I like dinosaurs smile I will have a browse.. wasn't sure if next would be all that toasty.

Sirzy Sun 02-Dec-12 17:27:55

Ds has had one from there each winter and it keeps him lovely and snug.

My nephew has a tendency to get very cold and it even keeps him warm.

Fairylea Sun 02-Dec-12 17:32:43

Ok thanks that's excellent. I will go to look now... smile

RayofSun Sun 02-Dec-12 19:22:48

I got one from gap for dd which is great and super snugly. I have also seen nice ones in John Lewis

YoHoHoAndABottleOfSherry Sun 02-Dec-12 19:30:22

I would seriously consider getting a sheepskin footmuff instead of a snowsuit.

Yes, it will be a bit more than double your budget, but he won't grow out of it like he would a snowsuit, so you can use it next year, and the year after (and it will probably have a fairly good second hand resale value too).

They are really cosy and comfortable for babies, and if they are lying down with the cover up to their chin then they can just wear normal clothes underneath - last year I would put DD to sleep in her sheepskin in normal clothes, maybe an extra wool cardigan, and she would sleep soundly and be warm as anything.
And if you get home and they are still asleep you can just unzip it and they are unlikely to wake up, but won't overheat.

Elkieb Sun 02-Dec-12 19:31:21

Aldi are doing some for £10 today, 9-12 months and 12months-3yrs. I will be picking one up tomorrow!

mamaonion Sun 02-Dec-12 19:35:16

We have the boden one which is wind proof, water proof and fleece lined, built in mittens and detachable booties, very snug around £40 I think

SantasHugandRollintheSnow Sun 02-Dec-12 19:45:17

elkieb I bought the aldi one today and its so thick. It's a proper snowsuit rather than a onesie.

Fairylea Sun 02-Dec-12 19:54:35

Brilliant.. thank you so much for all the replies. Some places I hadn't thought of smile

The sheepskin is a lovely idea but ds is a hand chewer so his arms would end up cold but otherwise a fab idea ... we have a baby sheepskin rug and he loves lying on that - one of our best buys !

Hermionewastherealhero Sun 02-Dec-12 19:58:50

I just bought a mothercare one- it is so thick and snug and keeps him lovely an warm but is plain (bright) blue. I also have a little rocha waxed one that is so thick and gorgeous - both about £25.

Ilovecrossfit Sun 02-Dec-12 20:14:54

My baby has got Jojo Maman is fab fleece inside and rain/wind proof outside...lots of paterns to choose from too.

gail734 Sun 02-Dec-12 20:20:09

I bought one in Matalan which has yet to stay ON throughout a whole outing. DD gets too HOT in it and has a paddy!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: