Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone advise re lush shampoos

(15 Posts)
Spuddybean Sat 01-Dec-12 13:55:34

Hi All

I have coloured hair (naturally dark hair which i dye the roots to cover greys and have ombre highlights from jawline to ends), greasy roots and dry ends. About boob length, layered with a fringe, quite fine but lots of it. I really would like a good shampoo and conditioner for xmas so was going to drop hints to dp.

So does anyone have any idea which ones would be best? When i google i am inundated with options. confused

Ta

VeganCow Sat 01-Dec-12 18:28:48

I love the Karma solid shampoo with the Veganese conditioner. Great for the greasy roots and the conditioner if you just put on the end 3/4s will be great for the dry emds, smells Gorgeous too.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sat 01-Dec-12 19:14:18

I bought one early this year (yellow coloured, moisturising).
IIRC I used it once or twice (it was that memorable hmm ) then used it on my DD hair but must have used too much as it was a nightmare to remove.
My hair was dry after, hers was matted.

I found it when I was cleaning the bathroom and threw it out eventually (I even bought it a travel tin too)

Spuddybean Sat 01-Dec-12 19:46:29

i don't think i'd want a solid one. i used gentle lentil before and it took ages to lather up (and with an 11 week old i just don't have the time to luxuriate in the shower).

i was looking at the shampoo called blousey and maybe the retread or american dream conditioner. hhmmm i'll go in and sniff them tomo.

Thanks for the input.

StinkyWicket Sat 01-Dec-12 22:47:42

I don't much like the Lush shampoos and conditioners tbh. If you are looking for something natural I'd go for Naked, they are much nicer, and not being solid are easier to use. I would though, definitely buy the little mango block thingeys you run under the bath water; the mango-smelling massage block; Honey I Washed the Kids soap if I had loadsa dosh!

(I don't think they are supposed to lather as much though if they don't have SLS in them)

brighthair Sat 01-Dec-12 23:52:10

Blousey and Veganese
I worked for Lush for 2 years grin

CaseyShraeger Sat 01-Dec-12 23:59:55

If you're in a hard water area the Lush hard water shampoo (I'm sure it has a creative name, but can't think what it is) is good.

aprilrain Sun 02-Dec-12 00:08:46

Don't be fooled into thinking Lush shampoos are more 'natural' than standard brands. They contain sulphates.

Agree with the recommendation above for Naked. Also, Organix are very very good. Both sulphate free.

Spuddybean Sun 02-Dec-12 11:22:55

Well it's not that i desperately want lush stuff, but DP buys me stuff from there every xmas/birthday. Usually it is stuff i don't really want and he doesn't even know what it is! So i thought i'd get ahead of it this year by choosing something which i'd like and writing it down on his forehead

AmberLeaf Sun 02-Dec-12 11:34:59

I like Trichomania, but its a solid one and I know what you mean about them taking a while to lather up!

Makes my hair feel lovely though, I also like the jungle solid conditioner,though Im not overly keen on the patchouli scent, but it makes my hair feel lovely.

I wasn't overly impressed with the liquid one of theirs that I tried, it was white, cant remember the name.

BuntysFestiveCollocks Sun 02-Dec-12 13:40:25

I love the volumising one, it's got salt crystals and lime in it. Brill stuff.

PretzelTime Sun 02-Dec-12 14:59:24

Why does your Dp buy you stuff from that store every year if you're not particularly interested in it? If there is something you actually want, can't you tell him you want that instead?

Spuddybean Sun 02-Dec-12 16:21:42

Yes Pretzel i agree. I do tell him. One year i also made a list as the year went on of all the nice treats i had seen, but would never buy myself, and i emailed it to him with links of where to buy/order online. But as he always leaves his shopping to xmas eve i ended up with a box full of bath bombs and a book on the history of electricity.

So as i know he will inevitably end up in lush, i thought i may try finding something i actually want.

PretzelTime Sun 02-Dec-12 16:37:20

and a book on the history of electricity
grin
Well he doesn't seem very gifted when it comes to gifts.
I hope you have some similar fun surprise gifts for him this Christmas!

AmberLeaf Sun 02-Dec-12 20:39:11

A tip for using the solid shampoos/conditioners.

Before you wet your hair, run a sinkful of warm water and put the bar in, it will float, by the time you're ready to use it, it will go on much easier.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now