Talk

Advanced search

Stretching new leather boots

(8 Posts)
EarlyInTheMorning Fri 30-Nov-12 16:11:45

I've done it again. I have bought calf leather boots online, tried them at home, decided they're PERFECT, only to walk in them properly and find that actually, they're too narrow for me. I must have EEE wide feet because this is happening with virtually every shoe nowadays and I'm always uncomfortable. Problem is, I can never find wide-fitting cuban heeled calf boots.

So anyway, the size of my boots is fine, they're just too narrow at the front. My feet are really tingly right now. Is there anything I can do to stretch them sideways at the front?

HappyHippyChick Fri 30-Nov-12 16:20:12

I read on t'interweb that if you put them on with a large pair of socks underneath and then blast the tight areas with a hair dryer it stretches them. Disclaimer - I have never done this! grin

lashingsofbingeinghere Fri 30-Nov-12 16:41:03

Take them to a good cobbler and they can stretch them on a special machine. I think it works by inserting a special metal foot-shaped piece into the shoe and then gently heated to stretch the leather. The piece is then left in to cool and the leather then moulds to its new size. It worked for my DS's too narrow chelsea boots.

lashingsofbingeinghere Fri 30-Nov-12 16:41:58

Just read that back and it's barely English. I hope you get the gist though grin.

MoomieAndFreddie Fri 30-Nov-12 16:42:43

no idea, but am marking place as i have a lovely new (leather) handbag, but i want to stretch the shoulder strap a bit, but daren't try anything until i know for sure it will work as it was Not Cheap blush

EarlyInTheMorning Fri 30-Nov-12 16:58:52

I understood that very well lashings!! grin

I was hoping to do a diy jobby at home <cheapskate alert> but yes, I might have to call in the professionals wink

PS. Why are we using Scottish smileys today?

lashingsofbingeinghere Fri 30-Nov-12 17:20:08

Tis St Andrew's Day

EarlyInTheMorning Fri 30-Nov-12 17:23:27

[thicko emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now