Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me find something lovely for my friend.

(6 Posts)
hellymelly Fri 30-Nov-12 15:35:49

My lovely friend turns 50 next week. She's had a tough couple of years, lost her Mum, work has been stressful, and I want to get her something special and beautiful, but I haven't seen anything at all. She looks a good decade younger than she is, due to lovely skin and being very slim and fit (ex dancer). She doesn't wear makeup, but clothes-wise she wears cool niche brands, Camper boots, simple things, although she does wear heels very occasionally for evening things. She shops at Liberty, places like that. I thought I might see a small piece of jewellry but I haven't spotted anything that looks right. I want to spend around £100 ish. Anyone got any ideas?

ruby22 Fri 30-Nov-12 15:49:14

What about the Alex Monroe necklaces? just been browsing them on red direct as they have 40% off I love the bee one and would love to receive it as a gift.

lashingsofbingeinghere Fri 30-Nov-12 15:58:09

Astley Clarke and Monika Vanader (sp?) do lovely things.

crazybutterflylady Fri 30-Nov-12 16:02:08

Yeah I second the Alex Monroe necklaces. They're gorgeous and well received.

AlwaysReadyForABlether Fri 30-Nov-12 16:26:27

What about one of the Beachcomber bracelets from kit heath. They are really lovely and you can personalise them by choosing exactly which beads you think she'd like.

hellymelly Fri 30-Nov-12 17:16:54

Am browsing Astley Clarke, lots of lovely things that I want for myself, but all costing about a grand <sigh> Am still looking through for something for my friend though. The beachcomber bracelets are too decorative for her, she goes for very plain things. I haven't looked at Alex Monroe yet, but I have seen his things and they are beautiful. Never heard of monica Vanada so will check that out. Thanks so far everyone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now