Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Iphone or other- any techies/iphone experts out there please....

(4 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Fri 30-Nov-12 11:06:34

Hi all

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post but couldn't see a technology related area and phones are a style choice aren't they... ;)

Anyway, I am in need of advice. TMobile are currently doing a deal on iphone 4 for £26 a month which gives unlimited text and internet usage with 100 free call minutes. My other option is to go with a bog standard phone with no internet for £10.50 a month.

Am expecting DC number 2 so the reason the iphone appeals is for the long lonely nights of being up with baby. However as it's the old version, iphone 4 will it last the duration of the 24month contract or will it be outdated and not work properly???? I know nothing, please help!

cathyandclaire Fri 30-Nov-12 11:31:09

I have an iPhone 4 and it's fantastic... No problems at all, my dd has been using a 3 until very recently and apart from shortish battery life ( still all day though) and an inferior camera that was still pretty good too ( not as good as the 4though) the 5 is good but I'm not bothering upgrading, so reckon your deal is good!!

DonaAna Fri 30-Nov-12 12:52:53

I have an iPhone 4 and nothing wrong with it. I noticed on public transport that younger people have newer generation phones with much larger screens - but that would mean that you need to have much larger pockets/bags to carry that.

It was widely thought that the 4.5 and 5 did not offer much new features, plus my operating system was automatically updated to that of the newest version.

Almost all of my mum friends have iPhones. It's really great. I use it a lot every day, love many of its apps (maps, Kindle, audio books, radio streaming, running applications and Skype video calls to keep DC in touch with grandparentst are my favorites plus you can check MN on the run) - I often forget it's really a phone.

I would not buy a phone without Internet connection.

Tweet2tweet Fri 30-Nov-12 19:23:24

Thanks so much for tips. I think I'll go for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now