Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Back to pre pregnancy weight but completely different shape. Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
cowardlylionhere Thu 29-Nov-12 21:35:25

I weighed myself for the first time in a month this morning and was surprised to see I'm back at pre pregnancy weight. I've not been making an effort to lose it as tbh I didn't put on the vast amount this time that I had with both other pregnancies. Ds is 8 mo. But I am nowhere near the size I was, at least I certainly feel bigger. I dug out a pair of skinny jeans and yes I can do them up but I have a massive muffin top and the thighs feel a bit tighter than I'd like. Do I just need to do some exercise to tone up? I'm not bothered by weight really, I'd just like to get comfortably back into my size 10s, but that's going to take me about half a stone at least under where I thought I'd need to be. I'm still exclusively bfing, so if anything I thought the added boobage would add weight but it's not worked that way. I just feel a bit more padded than I'd like. I suppose I must have lost muscle?

withjamin Thu 29-Nov-12 22:36:52

I fear you are right. tone does go, and you have to put done effort in to get it back. I hoped regular cake-to-mouth lifting would do it but actually had to start running regularly.
My hips have stayed further apart since having DC, and I think my torso is longer. Boobs are back to pre-dc size (DD2 still bf once or twice a day) but much reduced in volume :-(.
So you may have changed structurally but it is, as they keep telling me, worth it!

TravelinColour Thu 29-Nov-12 22:41:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cowardlylionhere Fri 30-Nov-12 11:24:15

Damn. With both pregnancies before I started off a bit podgy so always ended up losing more weight than I'd gained so I never had a body to regain if that makes sense. I hadn't anticipated getting down to a decent weight wouldn't be enough to sort things out. I have the shred (still in it's wrapper) but always used the excuse that I was in a flat so the downstairs neighbours wouldn't appreciate me stomping around. Now I'm in a house so have no excuse. Ds is happily bouncing around in his Jumperoo and I'm sure it would amuse him endlessly to see me do the Shred.

StockingFilly Fri 30-Nov-12 14:51:43

I weigh less than I did pre pregnancy but feel 'fatter' - my stomach is wobbly and my bum is definitely bigger. I think exercise is definitely the key, although I dont take my own advice, hence the wobbliness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now