Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

SLS free shampoo/conditioner/shower gel

(18 Posts)
SoupDragon Thu 29-Nov-12 11:39:42

Which is the best - preferably available on the high street as it is for my mother smile

Having said that, If there is a particularly good online brand I am looking for Christmas present ideas!

Thanks

bishboschone Thu 29-Nov-12 12:39:17

Body shop?

SoupDragon Thu 29-Nov-12 12:45:18

There were mixed reviews on the Body Shop website which put me off a bit, although I may go there tomorrow to have a look.

Pancakeflipper Thu 29-Nov-12 13:00:07

There's one called Happy Hair Days that is SLS free. I got some from Sainsburys and it was about £5 a bottle. Bargain cos' I had been getting a £25 one which still irritated me.

There's different shampoos and conditioners for whatever hair type and so far I have been ok using it.

HazeltheMcWitch Thu 29-Nov-12 13:02:42

The NAKED range, you can get it in Boots?

bishboschone Thu 29-Nov-12 13:10:47

Body shop shampoo and conditioner has completely changed my hair . I haven't paid full price yet though. If you sign up online you get loads of discount. Both times I have got 35% off ! smile

bishboschone Thu 29-Nov-12 13:11:15

The naked range for me was horrid .. All sticky .

SoupDragon Thu 29-Nov-12 13:16:28

You see, "sticky" was more or less what the negative reviews said about the Body Shop range. Gah! I thought this would be simple grin

Sariska Thu 29-Nov-12 13:28:35

I'm currently using the Dr Organic range, which I get from Holland and Barrett. It has cleared up the scalp psoriasis I have had for two decades but my hair seems a bit lifeless (not sticky, though, which was my complaint about the Naked range).

bishboschone Thu 29-Nov-12 13:30:14

My hair is not sticky with body shop stuff . You can but little bottles to try .. I guess sit depends on your hair .. Mine is thick and curly / probe to frizziness.

GobblersSparklyExplodingKnob Thu 29-Nov-12 13:48:08

Another vote for 'Happy Hair Days' I have used a lot of different ones but this is by far the best and actually lathers really well, the ginger is my fave.

Pancakeflipper Thu 29-Nov-12 13:58:44

Ooh I do the ginger one Gobblers! It's like a normal shampoo isn't it? Big froth.

And the conditioner is great for my dry big frizz

Conflugenglugen Thu 29-Nov-12 14:02:34

Green People. But it's pricey. I love it and I have sensitive scalp.

www.greenpeople.co.uk/hair-care.aspx

SoupDragon Thu 29-Nov-12 14:07:37

Great suggestions so far thanks smile There is a Boots, Body Shop and Sainsbury's in town so I can look in there tomorrow and maybe get her a selection to try.

Also going to look at online suggestions but i do want her to be able to buy them herself when out shopping so, in that respect, Sainsbury's and Boots are the best options.

bishboschone Thu 29-Nov-12 14:11:22

Loads of offers on body shop website .

TapselteerieO Thu 29-Nov-12 14:32:47

Faith in Nature available in health food shops, Oxfam, amazon etc, lovely range, lots of choice. Free delivery on orders over £10.

My dc like the chocolate range of products they do, but the seaweed, hemp a& meadowfoam are good too.

I have just bought the pomegranate - haven't used it yet.

Madmog Thu 29-Nov-12 14:48:13

Looking for similar things myself I can buy locally, so it will be interesting to know what you think when you've tried something.

valiumredhead Thu 29-Nov-12 14:54:48

The Naked range was vile ime!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: