Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Who uses a Clarisonic or similar?

(11 Posts)
berri Tue 27-Nov-12 20:33:19

I've been thinking of getting one got a while due to non-budging blackheads on my nose, but the price always put me off - but I've seen a Groupon now for a 'Prosonic' which is supposed to be the same & is much less.

Anyone have any experiences of either? Are they really supposed to be so much better than just washing your face?

jen127 Wed 28-Nov-12 11:08:45

I have the clarisonic and between that and the bravura peel I am positively glowing grin IMO
I have no blackheads on my nose at all ! Where once there was many!

SoldeInvierno Wed 28-Nov-12 11:40:00

I use it and I am very happy with it. Worth every penny.

laptopdancer Wed 28-Nov-12 11:53:54

I stopped using mine as I got very dry skin and lots of spider veins came up on my face....my husband pointed them out sad

formerdiva Wed 28-Nov-12 12:49:59

Got a Clarisonic Mia 3 weeks ago and I love it? Feels like I've had a facial every time <strokes skin in wonder>

berri Wed 28-Nov-12 16:24:00

Oh mainly good reviews then - laptop that doesn't sound good though, I'd have to keep my eye out for any of them appearing.

Are they all the same, or is the actual Clarisonic one the best? The one I have seen is called 'Prosonic' and it comes with one wand + charger, 3 brushes (one normal, one sensitive and one body), 1 bottle cleanser & 1 bottle microdermabrasion cream.

All for 37 quid. Sounds too good to be true, no?

Should I just shell out for the proper Clarisonic?

MustStopOutingSelf Wed 28-Nov-12 19:30:52

I've just come back from the States and bought this it's absolutely fabulous! My skin is as soft as my 8 month old's and no spots so far. Plus it's made putting my make up on really easy.

If you know anyone who's going or can source one online I can highly recommend it. I paid £25 for it, got two brush heads and bought a further four brush heads for £12.

fridgepants Wed 28-Nov-12 23:43:14

I bought my Clarisonic from a US seller on eBay - came in at about £70 total. However, the purging stage puts me off.

laptopdancer Thu 29-Nov-12 07:19:59

I always had quite clear skin to begin with and have never had acne but do have sort of pale thinnish skin (not quite sensitive as Ive never had reactions to anything). The spider veins were fast and prominent....just be careful if you have really fair skin . I only used mine every other day or so too.

MrsRebeccaDanvers Thu 29-Nov-12 11:15:13

It's good but not worth the pricetag in my opinion. No better than my old non- electric face brush. I'd get the cheaper one if I were you.

berri Thu 29-Nov-12 15:55:19

Ok have ordered! Seems like a good deal. I'll report back on lack of blackheads vs arrival of spider veins!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: