Talk

Advanced search

Face Cream recs for my MIL - and is it tactless?

(4 Posts)
LRDtheFeministDragon Tue 27-Nov-12 15:17:01

Hello lovely wise S&Bers.

DH and I are trying to buy MIL some Christmas presents. She's in Moscow and can't get access to certain brands of cosmetics/skincare, so we wanted to get her some nice ones, and DH knows she's been looking to find a really good face cream for ages and not finding one (obviously it needs to be good for very cold weather which drys out your skin).

Questions: what do you think is really good? Especially if you know about the cold. And, is it rude to buy her some? I'm a bit worried it might look like us saying: 'here, your skin is wrinkly, you need this!' But we would also get her other bits and make up a pack of cosmetics/bath stuff/whatever, so it might be ok?

Thanks!

Btw - I was looking at L'Occitane and at Kiehl's - I know L'Occ is nice but just have a vague memory of someone on here recommending the other. Yes, or no?

7to25 Tue 27-Nov-12 18:20:17

Am older and like the Clinique triple action moisturiser in cold weather ( Scotland not Moscow)

LRDtheFeministDude Tue 27-Nov-12 18:32:18

Thank you so much, that's really useful (since I find Clinique doesn't work for me, I would have missed it out, but I don't really need the cold weather protection). I'll put it down on the list. smile

housesalehelp Tue 27-Nov-12 20:34:24

I would say its not tactless if you know she has been looking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now