Have you found the perfect party dress? Do share...

(169 Posts)
NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Nov-12 15:58:24

We're trying to compile a list of your most coveted Christmas and New Year party dresses and outfits in time for the festive season, and we'd really appreciate your help - so if there's something you've spotted while out and about or while browsing online, please post the link here and we'll pick some of the most popular ones.

<polite voice> This is thread for genuine MNers to post genuine recommendations. Please don't break our Talk Guidlines by posting spam...

trumpton Thu 29-Nov-12 08:32:05

Bolleux !! Link here

sailorsgal Thu 29-Nov-12 08:52:23

AWimbaWay Yes that is the one! Thankyou so much. smile

NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 09:27:50

Ooh, thanks for all these brilliant suggestions. We'll try to have a nice selection up soon!

(And sorry you've all had so much problem with the pictures, it's been forwarded to tech's to-look-at)

SayCoolNowSayWhip Thu 29-Nov-12 12:24:46

Does anyone have any suggestions for big fatty fat fat pregnant women? All the maternity dresses I've found are either hideously expensive or really shapeless and unflattering. I'm 6 months pg and can't find anything nice to wear sad

<Slopes off in pyjamas>

wordfactory Thu 29-Nov-12 12:32:08

This is loveley www.lkbennett.com/clothing/dresses/DRLORENA175SILK

I wish I'd bought it in the sale grrr.

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 12:43:51

SayCool, the best-looking pregnant women in evening dress that I've seen have either gone for the plunging neckline, Empire line, fertility goddess look OR stretch jersey with proudly protruding bump. I think this is great: they've got some other sexy styles there, too smile

Laska42 Thu 29-Nov-12 13:50:53

cute phase eight dress , House of Fraser brands sale today and tomorrow only £34!
danny frill dress

Coast Panthea cover up also on sale

Pufflemum Thu 29-Nov-12 13:56:21

www.meandem.com/collection/dresses/grecian-dress/products_id/1293/cPath/664_665_669

Me&em Grecian dress in peacock blue. Can't wait to wear it.

BunnyLebowski Thu 29-Nov-12 14:11:34

I'm reporting back on this frock. It's sold out again but they might get it back in before xmas.

Anyway, it's gorgeous. Fits beautifully (in a 12-weight loss woop!) and is really classy/50's. The belt is a bit like something you'd find around a smellies set from Boots but I'll replace it with a nicer one.

Still waiting for my Pearl Lowe dress to arrive. Grrr!

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 14:54:34

I am very excited, just been to my local town and a new Mint Velvet shop has opened. Tried on the above dress and it's gorgeous.

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 14:56:28

Mint Velvet gold dress.

SingingTunelessly Thu 29-Nov-12 18:32:27

Love some of these dresses but I need sleeves. <old alert>. I've ordered the Coast Charlotte dress someone linked to earlier so hopefully it does the job. More with sleeves you style hounds. Please. smile

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 19:51:43

Singing, why not look at shrugs? There are lots of pretty ones about: long-sleeved, short-sleeved, fitted, draped, fine knit, shimmery; all sorts! As a bonus, you can often find beautiful ones at stupidly low prices.

Tell you what, pick some dresses and Tethers we'll find you some shrugs smile

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 19:58:30

Do you like this? Phase Eight metallic bolero, reduced to £28.

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 19:59:22

SingingTunelessly, they also had this dress with sleeves in mint velvet I loved it but was worried it might be a bit warm on a night out.

Djembe Thu 29-Nov-12 20:03:20

SayCool haven't seen you around for ages - not that you know me, I namechange all the bloody time. I like your name <stalk>

Anyway the dress I posted upthread is perfect if you're preggers, pair with heels, loads of sparkly jewellery and copious fake tan.

ta da

SayCoolNowSayWhip Fri 30-Nov-12 10:09:17

Ooh I like that, thanks Djembe.

No I haven't been around much, tres busy with <whispers furtively> RL......

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Fri 30-Nov-12 10:50:06

I love that dress Bunny!

Boobz Sat 29-Dec-12 15:28:21

Marking place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now