Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I hate my new hair- help!!

(22 Posts)
MamaGeekChic Thu 22-Nov-12 20:57:30

Had my hair done today, I asked for a really subtle Ombre a la kate beckinsale (I even took a picture), I have long naturally brown hair so wasn't looking for miracles... £90 later I have what looks like a bad dip dye sad It looked ok when the colour washed out as there was no blonde in the top layer but cutting in a long layer has left me with a band of blonde round the bottom which is far too light, it didn't look so bad as she curled it with ghds before I left but now it's straight I really dislike it... what can I do? Any way to tone the blonde down? It was the first time I'd been to the salon so don't want to go back and complain, but the thought of spending lots more £ makes my sad

any help appreciated!

MrsPnut Thu 22-Nov-12 21:02:27

Go back and ask to speak to the manager, tell them you aren't happy with it now you've straightened it. They should (if they are a decent salon) want to fix it so you leave a happy customer.

Everythingwillbeok Thu 22-Nov-12 21:04:04

I'm sure if you went back and explained its not really what you wanted they would sort it out after all they don't want you walking round with hair that looks a mess. Not a very good advert for their salon I defiantly wouldn't pay out any more cash to put it right I think £90 was expensive to be honest.

MamaGeekChic Thu 22-Nov-12 21:04:08

It was the salon owner who did it, it's a bit of a trendy place and I really don't fancy going back to complain

WipsGlitter Thu 22-Nov-12 21:06:33

Go back. I once went back to my regular hairdresser because I didn't like what he'd done and he re-cut it.

Everythingwillbeok Thu 22-Nov-12 21:07:41

Oh I see yes that does make it a bit awkward then, could you just pop a colour on for now to even out the colour a bit so it's not so much of a contrast,and put it down to experience and don't go there again!!

MamaGeekChic Thu 22-Nov-12 21:10:07

What type of colour could I put on the blonde? I've never done a home dye, I'm happy with it lighter I just want to tone it down.

ThatVikRinA22 Thu 22-Nov-12 21:11:41

i would just tell them that now you have seen the colour in cold light of day its just not you and ask if they can do anything with the colour.

i got to mark hills salon and i take my dd there - she had highlights not that long ago that just didnt take, i simply called them and told them and they re did it free of charge.

if its a decent salon they will want you to be happy with it - particularly if you have never been there before.

Everythingwillbeok Thu 22-Nov-12 21:18:57

Maybe a golden brown or caramely blond? Really sorry you don't like it there is nothing worse than paying out all that money and not being happy with it x

SundaeGirl Thu 22-Nov-12 21:23:58

Do not do any correcting yourself! Go back. Say it isn't what you asked for. Show them the picture. Cry.

The salon staff will not want other customers seeing you cry. You'll get it fixed.

Repeat: do not try to solve this at home.

MamaGeekChic Thu 22-Nov-12 21:30:46

I really can't face going back, have anxiety issues and I'm stressing about this already. Looks like I may just need to beg my usual hairdresser to squeeze me in...

Everythingwillbeok Thu 22-Nov-12 21:37:08

I know how you feel I honestly don't think I would go back either you wouldn't just be popping in and out either would you, you'd have to sit there probably for another couple of hours feeling uncomfortable that they were thinking oh she's the one who complained she wasn't happy so she mustn't be trendy enough. I honestly would either stick a dye on it to tone it down if its just the ends it will be fine or if you feel brave enough go back to the usual one, how come you tried somewhere new?

MamaGeekChic Thu 22-Nov-12 21:48:56

I cancelled my wedding recently (we're still together but it was a nightmare) i cancelled my hair apt via my mum, just couldn't face the chat about what happened etc.

Everythingwillbeok Thu 22-Nov-12 21:54:07

Ah ok so say your mum booked you into somewhere posh to cheer you up?
Blame her for going to another salon! Say you just had to go along with it say she also paid for you to have a massage ect.

Sorry to hear about the wedding it obviously wasn't meant to be at this moment In time,maybe one day.

Go back to your old salon and put it down to experience.

CajaDeLaMemoria Thu 22-Nov-12 21:54:44

Oh no sad

The same happened to me in September. Went for a cut, showed a picture, told the man it hadn't been cut for a while and I was worried. He promised a trim. And then cut the whole lot off.

I left visibly upset, complained by phone and letter, but they refused to do anything. Just kept saying it looked good and the hairdresser was very qualified.

It's grown a bit but I am still very sad. It doesn't suit me at all. It'll take years to get to how it was, or £300 of extensions. Never again.

On the bright side, at least yours is only dye? It shouldn't be too hard to correct, and the hairdresser should help if you want them too.

cathyandclaire Thu 22-Nov-12 22:36:54

I had too bright bits put in mine and hated it. I popped back, didn't get cross or anything, just asked for advice because it was too light and I couldn't get used to it. They put a toner on and didn't charge me....but I gave the stylist a good tip and everyone was happy!
I think it happens regularly

kerstina Fri 23-Nov-12 09:11:45

I really don't get the ombre look. It just looks like dyed hair grown out to me.

CajaDeLaMemoria Fri 23-Nov-12 09:13:51

There is ombre kits in Sainsburys at the moment, they are on offer. They have a selection of browns, and some are gorgeous - you could give it a try yourself, or get someone else too?

They do look lovely on the box, but I've got very blonde hair and a snow-white complexion, so I don't think I'd be able to pull it off sad

BeatTheClock Fri 23-Nov-12 09:28:14

Oh god I hate the hairdressers for this reason. You should go back but I can see why you don't want to.

A salon owner made an awful mess of my hair once. The thought of her having another go at it made me run for the hills. It cost a fortune toohmm.

There's something just so difficult about complaining at a hairdressers, esp those trendy places. If they've messed up your hair, I don't know about anyone else, but it makes me want to cry blush so going in being all assertive and complaining is very hard to do.

I would try and find another one to correct it. Maybe ask your friends ( the ones with nice hairwink) who does theirs. A recommendation at least allows you to judge their abilities.

MamaGeekChic Fri 23-Nov-12 09:35:47

So, I called the offending hairdressers and very nicely said to the receptionist that i was in yesterday and the contrast between the dark and blond was too obvious for me- blonde looks too bright, would they recommend anything i could use at home to tone it down. I've to go in later today so they can put a toner on it- I'm hopeful that will help!

I've also booked in at my normal hairdressers for Wednesday incase today doesn't fix it.

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 23-Nov-12 21:21:33

not sure i get this whole ombre thing....confused

StickEmUp Fri 23-Nov-12 22:06:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now