Talk

Advanced search

Peep toe shoes & tights ?

(12 Posts)
Willowisp Tue 20-Nov-12 14:31:06

I have a very flattering pair of peep toe shoes which are great with bare legs but I'm unsure whether it's ok (I think not) to wear them with tights ?
If yes, are nude & black tights ok ? Which denier ? I would think 20 & less ok for black tights.

It's a minefield !

AddictedtoCrunchies Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:46

Personal opinion is that it's looks wrong. However you can buy tights which have like a stirrup (can't think of a better word to describe) toe.

Like this

Willowisp Tue 20-Nov-12 14:35:41

I agree it looks wrong...& here we have tighted leg (for want of a better word !) & bare toe confused

JessLG Tue 20-Nov-12 15:52:43

Depends on the tights and how open the shoe is. Nude tights if you must

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 20-Nov-12 15:56:29

I tend to think that look is best when the peep-toes are worn with very obvious tights - a high denier in dark black or a bright interesting colour.

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 20-Nov-12 15:56:55

Nothing sheer!!!

HellonHeels Tue 20-Nov-12 16:20:26

I wear peep toes with black opaques and with black or nude fishnets.

Willowisp Tue 20-Nov-12 16:25:46

So the toe is covered then ? I need to experiment & also find nude fishnets !

DialsMavis Tue 20-Nov-12 16:28:10

I only wear peep toes with black or coloured opaques, I think it looks good... But many don't smile

iliketea Tue 20-Nov-12 16:29:01

I wear nude micronet tights (£2 in primark) with my peep toe shoes. I did try m+s toeless tights, which has this weird flip flip style hole with a piece of material between big toe and 2nd toe to stop them rolling up the foot - thought my big toe was going to drop off.with lack of circulation!

Pinkforever Tue 20-Nov-12 16:42:13

Yes but I agree it has to be an interesting tight-not plain black opaques. I go for a slightly vintage look and buy loads of tights from primark. Currently got heart print,bow print,star print and spider web print ones. Oh and lots of black fish-net stockings! Go for it!

TheWholeEnchilada Tue 20-Nov-12 17:14:41

Plain black opaque tights could look great if you've got a particularly interesting, boldly coloured shoe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now