Talk

Advanced search

Any hair colouring pros out there I need to pick your brain.......

(2 Posts)
nobodysfool Tue 20-Nov-12 13:50:30

I went to my hairdresser and asked for as close as possible match to my own hair - browny auburn (as i was growing out a bright red) and asked for a couple of blonde slices and a dark brown one. Well it came out far too dark-no where near my natural colour and the blonde looked yellow ish.I looked like I was wearing a Halloween wig!
Anyway after trying to live with it for a month I colour stripped it and put a level one 8 wash colour mid brown all over. It was definately a bit lighter but the blonde was still yellowish???? In my ignorance I thought it would go a light brown.
I have bought a warm auburn to try all over ( really should have stayed red shouldnt i?). My question is do I put the colour all over or colour the 'blonde' slices first then the rest???? I really dont want to mess it up again so thought I would ask those who know .
Thanks.

nobodysfool Tue 20-Nov-12 20:35:47

well I did a strand test tonight thank gawd and the colour didnt even touch the dark brown......sigh....any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now