Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Skirt to go with my Majorca Villa boots?

(7 Posts)
Poppedout Tue 20-Nov-12 12:30:03

So I bought a pair of the Majorca Villa boots in grey (link here) thanks to the Mumsnet loves email...
I've never been much of a leggings person because I never know what to wear on top and don't want to accidentally show the world a camel toe, but I can wear them with skinny jeans. But I'd also quite like to wear them with a skirt. Have done a quick look online, but can't find many around. Needs to be casual. Can anyone guide me as to what style of skirt might go? And where I can find one?

Poppedout Tue 20-Nov-12 15:08:35

Umm...anyone....?

Freshbloodletticia Tue 20-Nov-12 17:46:32

A-line tunic dress and leggings ( tunic dress at least to top of thighs so no camels).
Short cord or velvet skirt and tights. Straight or A-line depending on your shape.
Depends on your legs really. I am short and any skirt below the kneecap looks grim, due to sturdy calves, but at my age I am too old for bare legs grin.
Boots, tights and short dress/tunic is very comfy and avoids that 80s leggings and flappy t-shirt thing.

Poppedout Tue 20-Nov-12 19:02:42

Thanks, I shall have a look for a cord skirt, that sounds good. I'm 5'4", fairly hourglass shape I suppose.
I like the thought of a tunic with leggings - problem is that I'm breastfeeding and so don't like the thought of hoiking everything up to provide access.

carrie74 Tue 20-Nov-12 19:12:13

I have those boots, they're lush! I've worn them with a short denim mini and opaques.

HellothisisJoanie Wed 21-Nov-12 05:57:36

Mini skirt. Cord or denim

HellothisisJoanie Wed 21-Nov-12 05:58:05

I hate tunics. Avoid tunics.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: