Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stretching shoes/boots

(8 Posts)
dottyaboutstripes Tue 20-Nov-12 11:14:49

Have you ever had this done at a cobblers? I've just received some boots and I can get my feet in but I think it's that they aren't wide enough really. I like them a LOT and want to keep them, but I'm wondering how effective stretching would be - obviously I won't be able to return them if it doesn't work out!

Here they are

redlac Tue 20-Nov-12 11:17:53

Oh I'm sure I saw something on Pinterest about this. I'll go away and see if I can find it

redlac Tue 20-Nov-12 11:20:36

try this

polyhymnia Tue 20-Nov-12 11:34:14

I've quite often taken shoes to my trusty local cobbler to be stretched and it's been successful. Haven't tried it with boots though but worth asking I'd say.

Sillybillypoopoomummy Tue 20-Nov-12 16:35:41

apparently you can put a bag of water inside them and then put them in the freezer. As it freezes it stretches the shoes beautifully. However, have always been too scared to try it and my freezer is full of ice.

Sillybillypoopoomummy Tue 20-Nov-12 16:36:21

ah redlac beat me to it :-)

Mewsical Tue 20-Nov-12 17:08:47

A local cobbler says he doesn't dye or stretch anymore due to variable results, so I dyed my own and stretched them myself with......shoe stretch in an aerosol can. I really need to buy two of these to do other shoes but can't afford at the moment.

dottyaboutstripes Wed 21-Nov-12 11:28:13

Thanks for the ideas but I decided to send them back.
Don't think I am ever going to find any boots I love sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now