Talk

Advanced search

Oh lordy I need some fleecy trousers Can anyone help?

(9 Posts)
TheHouseofMirth Mon 19-Nov-12 22:01:52

Am going somewhere very, very cold soon and need to find some jogging bottom type things, preferably in a fleecy fabric so they are warm but not bulky as a mid-layer. This is my idea of fashion hell and I have no idea where to look. I'm only 5'4" adn size 8 so I son't want anything too bulky either.

I've Googled without success.

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Nov-12 22:03:58

Look on the Cotswold Outdoor website. You want Powerstretch tights.

TellMeLater Mon 19-Nov-12 22:09:15

Got a pair from Patagonia quite a few years ago - think they were described as cycling bottoms.

Something like these www.patagonia.com/eu/enGB/shop/womens-pants-fleece?k=1E-6A-b7

maybenow Mon 19-Nov-12 22:11:13

fleecy jogging bottoms? seriously? why????

are you going to be wearing salopette type overtrousers? if so, then you want some nice merino leggings for underneath.
If you're not going to be wearing overtrousers then i'd go for 'softshell' trousers instead - northface are a good option.

i really don't think you want fleecy jogging bottoms.

BikeRunSki Mon 19-Nov-12 22:15:35

Ok, sorry, nothing on Cotswold, but Lowe and Mountain Equipment make them. Lowe ones are on Amazon, the ME ones are in Joe Brown (Welsh mountaineer, not light entertainer or teen-hippy-casual wear). Sorry, don't know how to do links on phone.

TheHouseofMirth Mon 19-Nov-12 22:17:43

We're going somewhere where it's possible it'll be minus 30 so I want something warm but not bulky to go over my merino base layer and under my over trousers. I'll be quite happy if it's not that cold but I'd rather be prepared!

TheHouseofMirth Mon 19-Nov-12 22:19:34

Those Patagonia ones don't look too bad but I'd rather not shell out £70 on something I'll never wear again.

dexter73 Mon 19-Nov-12 22:19:37

Any of these at Uniqlo any good?

BettySwallocks2012 Mon 19-Nov-12 22:25:30

Ok, it's not big and it's not cool but have you tried everythingfivepounds.com?? I have these leggings and they are soooooo toasty! blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now