Talk

Advanced search

What would you spend £70 John Lewis vouchers on or put towards If you were me??

(11 Posts)
smellylittleorange Sun 18-Nov-12 23:00:03

Need a bit of inspiration asked for the vouchers as was going to get the mini sewing machine but DH says don't treat myself (clobber and lace dresses were mentioned) Not happy with my size at the moment but happy to wear anything for once that will make me feel like a million dollars 5ft 7 size 16 hourglass with big norks, smaller waist in proportion and stickyout bum and thighs like Beyonce (am mixed race) smaller ankles and wrists - again in proportion.

I like sleeve and clothes that skim and hide but add vavoom but i just cant see anything on the website that grabs my fancy - apart from the Damsel in a dress Nigella which is above my budget really - I am prepared to add up to £50 but it doesn't seem much!

Has anyone seen anything instore they love or lust or think could suit? My nearest John Lewis is quite far away so hoping to do a bit of online.

CointreauVersial Mon 19-Nov-12 00:17:35

How about a nice handbag? Or some jewellery - they have really cool contemporary stuff. Then you'll feel good no matter what size you are!

(I could spend £7000 at John Lewis, no problem, my fave store in the world).

FellatioNelson Mon 19-Nov-12 03:58:37

Some really nice costume jewellery. You could do that without having to add anything/much to it.

sphynx Mon 19-Nov-12 06:02:32

I would buy a nice pair of jeans. I have £35 JL gift vouchers and I am thinking of putting them towards a pair of seven for all mankind black jeans. Lucky you to have £75! So enjoy spending!

Glossynotflossy Mon 19-Nov-12 07:13:44

Some more bras(Fantasie) and Fantasie knicker shorts (can't remember the style's name)

Some Liz Earle
Chanel makeup

Maybe save it for the Xmas sales OP then it would go further?

LulaPalooza Mon 19-Nov-12 11:01:10

You sound gorgeous, orange. What about some really nice underwear? Something you would never normally buy, which is frilly and girly and utterly impractical but will make you go "aaaaaaaH" with pleasure every time you put it on?

Jennyrosity Mon 19-Nov-12 11:20:56

Wait for the sale and get something from Damsel in a Dress. Their stuff is seriously, seriously flattering.

Startail Mon 19-Nov-12 11:32:04

Brown leather handbag

I have a black JL own brand one that's done a couple of years service and will do many more.

But my long boots are brown.

Startail Mon 19-Nov-12 11:38:23

mine in brown

this would go even better with simple flat boots

However, I have a new iPhone so it isn't going to happen

smellylittleorange Mon 19-Nov-12 13:11:24

Thank you all - the bag looks lovely Startail - I have a next Tan leather bag which looks scruffy but I love both of those. Howver I think I have decided to do something I have never done before and save the vouchers for the Christmas sale I really want a Damsel in a Dress or a nice French Connection one hopefully I will be able to drop a dress size before then (crosses fingers) then I can still look fab for NYE!

QueenieLovesEels Mon 19-Nov-12 14:49:53

Cashmere Cardigan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now