Talk

Advanced search

Longevity of Winter Coats

(13 Posts)
novelsituation Sun 18-Nov-12 19:26:16

Have fallen in love with two Winter coats, and am trying to justify this in my own head with the thought that I'll wear them for the next five years or more!

What's your longest lived Winter coat, and why do you think it was such a great purchase?

TollgateDebs Sun 18-Nov-12 20:11:50

I've a classic blue princess line (practically full length) and it is on year 10! Coat is perfect, lining needs a little tlc occasionally. Not cheap, but cost per wear made it well worth the money.

ValiaH Sun 18-Nov-12 20:14:55

Mine was from Debenhams, and it lasted me 6 winters- it would do this winter as well except it doesn't fit so well any more. It was a style that I loved, and had about 20% off too so has cost me about £15 for each winter I've worn it. What are the coats you like?

Fairyloo Sun 18-Nov-12 20:14:58

Said it before and found like I work for them but north face artic parka.

Warm, like wearing a duvet, keeps your hair nice, under big fluffy hood, you don't sweat in it. Sooo cosy.

I love it 3 yrs in, wear it every day and it makes going out in morning that bit easier!!

tethersend Sun 18-Nov-12 20:17:16

My favourite is older than I am...

It's a 1970s St.Michael/M&S job identical to Dot Cotton's grin

novelsituation Sun 18-Nov-12 20:36:04

m.reiss.com/womens/coats-and-jackets/coats/leo/dark-green/Coat1

i love the colour of this one

novelsituation Sun 18-Nov-12 20:38:13

m.reiss.com/womens/womens-new-arrivals/fenella/aubergine/Coat2

i really like the collar on this

novelsituation Sun 18-Nov-12 20:56:51

Have worn bright blue military coat from m and s down here for the past four Winters.

Has now been dry-cleaned once too often. It was a brilliant coat - I really enjoyed wearing it and it always got compliments.

HandMini Sun 18-Nov-12 21:00:25

They're both gorgeous and classic and will last well as long as you hang them on a padded hanger (never from a hook on a leg) and dry clean before packing away for the summer. Buy buy buy.

TravelinColour Sun 18-Nov-12 21:49:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mine is from Hobbs and is into its third winter. Still looks just about as good as new. I'd deffo wait for the sales and get a good one. Having said that, dd1's H&M parka is into its third winter and was v cheap - it's been excellent value.

Love the green one - expensive though.

novelsituation Sun 18-Nov-12 22:04:33

Yes, agree v expensive. Will be waiting for the sale.

I don't buy a lot of clothes, but always love and take care of the things I do buy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now