Talk

Advanced search

30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 or...

(11 Posts)
RyanGoslingRocks Sun 18-Nov-12 14:33:31

Hi, I know there are many threads on this but I'm finding it difficult to track down an answer!
Which is best? 30DS or Ripped in 30 or BFBM or something else?
I'm fairly fit, not got much weight to lose, mainly want to be fitter and tone up ESP my slack abs after 2 kids... recently starting back running, Body Pump and Body Attack after a 3 month break lazy time....I've just done the 30 day shred today for the first time (on you tube) and thought it was good but not sure how tough it would be once I get fitter....advice please from those of you who have tried any of the JM DVDs? Thanks

Mosman Sun 18-Nov-12 14:34:52

Google insanity, now that's a workout, you'll be f.a.f. in no time !

DilysPrice Sun 18-Nov-12 14:43:36

Level 2 and 3 shred are a lot tougher than level 1, and of course you can increase your weights, and perhaps carry small weights during the aerobic bits as well. Levels 3-4 of Ripped are another level again. I'd say that for a fiver you can't go wrong with Shred, and if after a few weeks you're breezing through it/bored, a tenner spent on Ripped will keep you moving forward for another month or two. Ripped has several "extreme" variations for masochists, so will keep challenging you for longer.

iloveeverton Sun 18-Nov-12 14:44:57

Hi I do alot of running and trx classes at the gym. I found 30 day shred a bit easy even starting on level 3.

I'm thinking of getting trx for home. I found doing plank with it is best for abs.

Hetaera Sun 18-Nov-12 16:11:45

As a starting point, you can't go wrong with Shred. Even if you found the first level ok, I bet you'll feel it in your muscles tomorrow! It takes such a short amount of time, the outlay is minimal, there are some good abdominal and core exercises, you can just use tins of beans as weights to start with and the results are impressive.

Has anyone tried Insanity? I keep seeing it on the infomercial shopping channels. I'd quite like to get one of those t-shirts!

Hetaera Sun 18-Nov-12 16:15:43

I feel that I should disclose how much I absolutely adore Jillian and am therefore biased... I have also lost five dress sizes because of her. grin

cornykatona Sun 18-Nov-12 19:08:11

I like 6 week 6 pack. Don't like shred

RayofSun Sun 18-Nov-12 19:41:47

Wow heteara, I shall stick with it! Congratulations!

HazleNutt Sun 18-Nov-12 21:33:02

Shred is good if you haven't done anything before. If you're fairly fit then yes, go for Insanity.

PenfoldRocks Mon 19-Nov-12 10:05:40

Shred. BUT you need to do it every day for 30 days. This should get you in the habit of exercising daily. THEN move onto BFBM and NMTZ. Jillian does another 30 day plan using all 3 DVDs.
I started out doing the Shred 2 years ago and am still consistently exercising and am 1.5 stone lighter than then.
Also, check out www.bodyrock.tv for free online exercises. Looks pretty intimidating and also they like to provoke with lack of clothes, but does the trick!

RyanGoslingRocks Mon 19-Nov-12 21:25:37

Thanks very much for all your responses...
Had a look at Insanity. Jeez! It looks incredibly tough!
Iloveeverton, what is trx?
Hetaera well done on your weight loss, that is very impressive!!
I feel it today, not as sore as I thought I'd be...probably imagining that my legs feel harder than normal! Will probably be in pain tomorrow!
Thanks for the link PenfoldRocks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now