Talk

Advanced search

Avon - anything any good?

(6 Posts)
fridgepants Sat 17-Nov-12 22:54:07

Feeling a bit down and want some cheap retail therapy, but have grown tired of buying drugstore products only to find they don't work very well (plus L'Oreal, TBS et al are getting not far off the prices of MAC these days). Is Avon worth a go? What products are to be avoided?

cloudpuff Sun 18-Nov-12 00:49:31

I love their supershock gel eyeliner, super magnify mascara and glimmerstick eyeliners.

kiwigirl42 Sun 18-Nov-12 12:27:54

www.eyeslipsface.co.uk do nice, cheap makeup - can buy online or in Superdrug. sign up for newsletters as they seem to do offers every other day

ToothGah Sun 18-Nov-12 18:09:34

MUA is amazing, cheaper and better than elf IMO.

And everything is 35% off with free shipping til Friday. The website crashed earlier in the week but I think it's working now, but it was slow when I ordered.

The mascara, eyeshadows, £1 lipsticks and £1 nail varnishes are particularly fab. I've ordered tonnes and will probably do another order before the end of the week for Christmas presents.

ToothGah Sun 18-Nov-12 18:12:10

The code for 35% off is MUA35 which you put in at the end - then select free shipping.

UterusUterusGhouli Sun 18-Nov-12 21:27:11

I tried to start a similar thread recently but my phone went funny.
One of the Mums in the village is doing it, and I like ordering from her.

Im quite liking the Spa whatnot Firming Serum. Not sure it firms, but smells like it means business. That's fine for me!

The argon oil poo/conditioner is very rich. I'd advise against for greasy hair, but it's great if you've a dry barnet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now