Talk

Advanced search

Your recommendations please.

(12 Posts)
LunaticFringe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:31:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drcrab Sat 17-Nov-12 21:33:48

Sorry but GHDs are the way to go. I have similar type hair.

Spanx. Lovely stuff. I'm a size 8 but I too have a big wobbly tummy after 2 kids. My son is convinced he's having another sibling soon. blush

LunaticFringe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:39:28

LittlePandaBear Sat 17-Nov-12 21:40:04

Just to say that I've never been a fan of GHD's - I have very fine hair and GHD's just makes it static. My hair is naturally straight though so I just need something basic to make it look more polished on the rare occassions that I bother.

I've had mine years though so someone else may have a suggestion for you!

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 17-Nov-12 21:43:12

I have tried cheaper straighteners (babyliss) but GHD really do make the difference. But you can get away with them if you use some good serum as well.

LunaticFringe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:47:34

I've got Babyliss straighteners and they are absolutely fine. Haven't tried GHDs though, so can't compare - but there's no way in the world I'd pay that much. I do splash out on Tony and Guy straightening spray though.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 17-Nov-12 21:52:55

Serum will just calm down the frizz - you can get it anywhere, John frieda is a decent one. It will make straightening work better and protect your hair!

LunaticFringe Sat 17-Nov-12 21:54:41

drcrab Sat 17-Nov-12 21:55:40

Spanx really works though. Had a posh do recently so dragged out spanx, slinky dress and tall shoes. DS declared I looked vvvvvvvvvvv nice. And then commented I looked vvvvvv tall. Didn't mention pending sibling so I think it worked!!! grin

Another vote for John Frieda serum - but dd1 keeps nicking mine so I've given up buying it!

My Babyliss were just whichever ones were on offer in Boots at the time - I think they were about 35 pounds.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 17-Nov-12 21:58:52

Mine were babyliss pro 230 I think - about £35 or £40 a few years back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now