Talk

Advanced search

Horrid brown marks on chin from old spots - can I get rid of them?

(6 Posts)
FlopsyMopsyCottontail Sat 17-Nov-12 21:31:34

Just that really. Every month I get a spot on my chin, which would not be too terrible except it leaves a nasty brown mark that fades over 6 months or so. So I always have one spot and five brown marks on my chin. And it looks horrible.sad What to do please?

Melanthe Sat 17-Nov-12 22:48:02

Try vit e oil for a gentle way to promote healing (buying the capsules and poking holes in them is suppose to work well and is cheaper). It works great on many types of scarring/hyper pigmentation.

AHA creams will also work, provided the % is high enough (can't recommend any sorry, I don't live in the UK). Bit more harsher and fiddly , but will make your skin very smooth.

Househunter Sun 18-Nov-12 08:49:36

Might be worth giving Fade Out cream a go. It's not expensive and has SPF. Seemed to help me with hyperpigmentation.

nickynackynoodle Sun 18-Nov-12 11:06:01

Benzoyl peroxide used as recommended by acne.org is harsh but I get comments on my skin now so it must be working!

ifancyashandy Sun 18-Nov-12 12:57:52

I use an acid peel (the philosophy one) and it is amazing at getting rid of old spot marks. And yy to the benzoyl peroxide if you get a spot.

FlopsyMopsyCottontail Sun 18-Nov-12 22:00:14

OK. will give those a try. thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now